lokar kickdown question

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
hey guys. i read a few threads but couldnt find anything on my problem. i hooked up my kickdown, but when i pull it, its hard to pull, even hard to push down the gas pedal. i pulled off the kickdown cable and everything is ok. would it be hard to pull if my transmission isnt in park. i havent hooked up the pushbuttons yet so it may be in gear. but i dont know if that could be it. i also didnt cut down the kickdown cable at all. maybe its too long?
thanks for any help
-aaron-

You need to check the action of the throttle pressure lever on the trans. If that's good, lube the cabled and check again.

It doesn't matter what gear you are in for the detent/kickdown setup. as long as the lever at the trans. moves freely take a look at the cable routing. if it is kinked or crushed by something or if the brackets are too far off and causing it to bind at one end. the first time I hooked mine up the lever was hitting the floor so i made a small dent to clear the ball stud.

had the same deal, had to get out the BFH to do a little floor clearance for the cable mount bracket and also at the lever for proper clearance through the range of motion.
for your problem, i would start at the kickdown lever on the trans and work your way back to the carb making sure everything moves freely.
-Tim

-
Back