LOL I'm drowndening in injection

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Picked this up today for 75 bucks. It's supposed to work, except the fuel pump is bad

Attachments

• _MG_5929cs.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 6,662
Anybody know anything about the reliabilility of Delphi fuel pumps?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-FD0002-Electric-Motor-Solenoid/dp/B000CGDER8"]Delphi FD0002 Electric Fuel Pump Motor (Solenoid Style) : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

That looks great for a general purpose motor / vehicle.

I was just the other day trying to convince my neighbor that he needed a tbi on his 73 F100 4x4 390 4 speed.

Sorry, didn't add any useful info.

That is a solenoid unit, it will not work, it is for carb. Get one of the smaller Walbro 190lph, regulator will return the excess. You might spend more $75 on the pump.

I guess I figured "solenoid" might be a misprint. Summit is claiming 20 psi I don't get it. Why would a "carb" fuel pump be spec'd at 20 psi?

I think I'll continue the search, Kit. I just tore apart the Holley pump. For 160 some odd bucks "we" ain't impressed

you'll want to buy a fuel pump rated for about 40 PSI, although TBI only uses 15 PSI of that it needs the extra pressure as thats what the factory pump runs

I picked up a 20 PSI pump when I didn't know any better and it would only run TBI at idle, would'nt allow car to rev up

I've been searching around Del, and this pump comes up in alot of forums. Not cheap though. Mainly Chevy truck and a few Jeep V8 conversion sites. Not sure what your specific TBI needs, but i'm subscribed, i think it's cool and can't wait to see how you get it operational.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRT-P5001/

Well hell, if Holley won't publish actual figures on their own pumps, how the heck are you supposed to TEST them?

Well hell, if Holley won't publish actual figures on their own pumps, how the heck are you supposed to TEST them?

simple, don't run a holley pump:D I ran a carter but then switched for a factory walbro intank pump its better all the way around

OK but the question remains, if the Holley specs are not "real" then how do I know how much pressure I need? I do understand this is regulated in the TBI, but no idea what it's limits are.

All I can go by is the published Holley specs, and you guys are saying "that's low."

OK but the question remains, if the Holley specs are not "real" then how do I know how much pressure I need? I do understand this is regulated in the TBI, but no idea what it's limits are.

All I can go by is the published Holley specs, and you guys are saying "that's low."

pretty much what you have there is a chev/GM based throttle body controled by a holley computer. if you look up the specs on what a GM TBI for a 305/350 should run it would be the exact same for yours since yours in GM based

what I'm saying is most TBI's run 15 PSI-17 PSI but they need nearly 40 psi pump to feed them since alot of pressure gets bled off in the return line

OK, I'm off to read an old TBI manual. GEEEzuz, seems to me Horrey could afford to publish the specs on their pumps.

In my limited research, it looks like some that are using a higher pressure pump are also using a vacuum referenced regulator to keep from being dead rich at idle. Just put that out for info/disscusion.
Is this the 670 Avenger TBI? I found a Holley owners manual in pdf. Although i have no idea what good it would do.....lol.

In my limited research, it looks like some that are using a higher pressure pump are also using a vacuum referenced regulator to keep from being dead rich at idle. Just put that out for info/disscusion.
Is this the 670 Avenger TBI? I found a Holley owners manual in pdf. Although i have no idea what good it would do.....lol.

looks like a GM type unit manufactured by holley to me, and if it is its already regulated to what it needs to be as long as a pump with enough pressure is used

Welp. Search is already over. Bought a Holley 12-927, the recommended pump off eFray fer 95 bucks, new. Jegs, Summit wants 152, so that's a sizeable savings

This is called "Pro-jection 2d" I did find the manual downloads already.

Yup. same pump. First thing I'm gonna do when I get it is find out how much it will put out!!!

-
Back