LOL, Snake and Hellcat compared "don't add up"

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/a26666/shelby-super-snake-road-test/

250ifjr.jpg

331euyv.jpg

My first time down a dragstrip was September 2011. 2011 Mustang GT cold air kit/ tune chambered exhaust, Bartlett shifter. 30+ hp over stock. 12.6@115. Yeah, uh, something isnt right.

I'm sure somebody will scream about this, but I like Mustangs. :tard:

That being said...the newest Super Snake looks badass, for sure. But the recent press still points to the Hellcat being top dog in the HP wars. You have to give the Dodge boys credit - making the Hellcat perform like it does from the factory is a pretty neat trick. You need to throw a new 2015 Mustang GT at Shelby for them to perform their $50k wizardry on it, all to get a machine that still won't put that pesky Hellcat to bed in the 1/4 mile.

And the idiots limit the production. They should make as many as the market will buy, which I bet is a bunch. F'in Italian mindset. These ain't no Ferraris.

Pretty sure their not putting a restriction on sales... They quit taking orders in the first part of this year due to the fact that the hellcat engine takes longer to build than a regular Hemi and they shut down orders later because they needed to start on the 2016s. Which btw, the price has only been increased by less than $3k.. If only I wasnt $2M in debt already..... Lol

I like stangs as well. It would be nice to see the real numbers from one of these 700+ hp cars though

Pretty sure their not putting a restriction on sales... They quit taking orders in the first part of this year due to the fact that the hellcat engine takes longer to build than a regular Hemi and they shut down orders later because they needed to start on the 2016s. Which btw, the price has only been increased by less than $3k...................

Uh.......did you read what you just typed LOL? Isn't what you just typed "restricting sales?"

I like stangs as well. It would be nice to see the real numbers from one of these 700+ hp cars though

If what the R&T article says is true - that the car's software is having a hard time keeping up with the car's hardware - then maybe we'll see some more concrete numbers once they get the bugs ironed out.

Be nice to see a time slip. Could be traction control was off, driver asleep, etc.

Uh.......did you read what you just typed LOL? Isn't what you just typed "restricting sales?"

Well yea it's restricted in that sense but at least they're not just sayin, we're sellin 5k of these then that's it, it's restricted because they can't keep up with the demand and can't produce engine fast enough.

I saw several Hellcats, the new Z06 supercharged Vette, and a few supercharged Cobras at the track this weekend. All were running very, very low 11's. Hell, my brothers 500hp Dart was running slightly quicker than the numbers the Super Snake claims. Something doesnt add up is right...

-
Back