LOL sometimes problems are simple

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I spose most of you are aware, but the once "standard" rating of the 5V spec for USB cables got trashed early on. I think it was originally 1/2 amp, don't remember.

I had bought an off brand kit off egag of 2 batteries and charger for one of my cameras to have some sort of spares. Couple of weeks ago I went to recharge a couple and the charger just blinked. This is a USB socket on a wall wort, USB cable, and the charger base with a mini? USB. I finally tried another USB wall wort that was tossed into the tub, and sure enough, off we go.

I am getting quite hard of hearing, and my laptop speakers are pretty lame. I found a nice, small, but really good sounding speakers at the thrift. 3 1/2 mm plug for the laptop, USB plug for a power supply.

The other day I had a little glitch, and slid the laptop off my lap. Did no damage to the laptop, but caused the phone plug to be intermittent. So I disconnected everything, and went and heat shrink spliced about another 3 feet on with a plug.

I had been playing with cell phones and got the thing all hooked up, but it was DISTORTED. I'm like, WHUT?? Did I screw up splicing that cable? Did the speakers get damaged in the fall?

FINALLY I woke up, got my magnifier and read a few output labels on wally worts. SURE ENOUGH, the one the speakers got plugged back into was a "lamer." I found a more powerful one, and we are once agi'n soundin great!!!

-
Back