look what i made, color opinions?

-

duster wonder

National Guard Member
Reaction score
hey guys n possibly gals i was lookin around on summit and found a cool cold air intake, but there wasnt any money in my wallet. so, i made one in welding class

summit wants 150, and this will cost me about 50. using some exhaust adapters and tubes from spectre. routing tubes to behind the turn signal holes (ill post more pics when im done)

anyhow what color? i want to lighten it up in the bay,and the purple seems to dark. chrome paint is iffy but was wondering what you guys mite think :newb:

Attachments

• 2013-04-19 15.15.11.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 409
  • 2013-04-19 15.15.32.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 406
  • 2013-04-19 15.21.42.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 418
  • 2013-04-19 15.21.51.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 412
It's way better than any air cleaner housing I ever made!

I know you think it's too dark, but you might want to match your valve covers with black?? Then get a cool Duster sticker for the lid in purple.

Nice job on the fabricating!! :thumleft:

Work out a color theme and go with that. You don't want your engine bay to look like rainbow vomit.

so option 1 (best) black with some "silver" highlights or mopar to match valve covers, purple tube clamps

or option 2 (egh) my interior is a kind of baby blue, but then again thats a rainbow vomit (match interior)

or option 3 black with some purple highlights, chrome tube clamps

thanks to all! and dont worry, ill keep an update n ill also see if i get a few ponys out of it

cant be worse being the motor wont be sucking up radiator air

the bottom plate is about a half inch smaller, so ill line that with foam stuff, and the top will cover it all up.

next up is to do something with that dam battery, and the trunk has plenty of room

Looks great just paint it black with silver/chrome tubing and then put purple engine call outs on the lid

here it is, all finished. since this pic i throwed another tube on the other side. before i could barely touch my air cleaner lid (heat)

now the top barely gets warm

oh, and cold air intakes dont give hp if at all maybe a couple but i wasnt expecting 20 hp anyhow

however, depends on the application. i trully believe this is sucking in cold air and definetly cooled down the carb. now for anymore hp, well idk but it dam looks cool

Attachments

• 2013-04-23 15.46.38.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 218
hey guys n possibly gals i was lookin around on summit and found a cool cold air intake, but there wasnt any money in my wallet. so, i made one in welding class

summit wants 150, and this will cost me about 50. using some exhaust adapters and tubes from spectre. routing tubes to behind the turn signal holes (ill post more pics when im done)

anyhow what color? i want to lighten it up in the bay,and the purple seems to dark. chrome paint is iffy but was wondering what you guys mite think :newb:

Made something very similar to that for a neighbor years ago. We went down to Home Depot and bought some hvac tubing, plasma cut a couple of holes in his core support and put some fittings in it. The hvac tubes we used were 6" diameter so we took a piece of duct work and stretched it into an oval so it fit the air filter housing.....

i used the small holes where the turn signal wire things poke through, enlarged them with a dremel. except the driver side, darn battery

here it is, all finished. since this pic i throwed another tube on the other side. before i could barely touch my air cleaner lid (heat)

now the top barely gets warm

oh, and cold air intakes dont give hp if at all maybe a couple but i wasnt expecting 20 hp anyhow

however, depends on the application. i trully believe this is sucking in cold air and definetly cooled down the carb. now for anymore hp, well idk but it dam looks cool

And no doubt for a whole hell of a lot less $$$ than http://ramairbox.com/

Looks good.....

-
Back