Look what was at my house today....not an A-body though

-

gdrill

I AM
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My buddy stopped by after picking up his Unimog from the shop. I don't remember what year it is, but man is it cool. He got the engine rebuilt and this summer is gonna be funnnn! :D He only lives 20 miles from the mountains, but travelling in this baby that's about an hour away!

Attachments

• IMG_1089.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_1090.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_1091.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_1092.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 406
Is that built by Mercedes, I believe these have independent suspension ..
Wow that is very cool indeed :cheers:

You got is Mike, it is built by Mercedes. But as for independent suspension, I think it is more like a tank!

that sure looks like the convoy trucks that are used in the Saudi Arabian deserts ......they were built by Mercedes ......i never thought i would see one in North America

how moly that scamp looks soooo nice sitting in the driveway like that

They are GREAT! probably one of the most capable 4x4's on the planet. I had an opportunity to "operate" one about 10 years ago in an off road and rocky environment, and it was one of the best experiences of my driving life.

VERY cool? :thumbup:

You got is Mike, it is built by Mercedes. But as for independent suspension, I think it is more like a tank!
I seen one on Pond stars a few days ago and it had suspension like the hummer
and the front and rear axles moved like the rear end of a vet independently :colors:

wow this is really cool a guy around here actually drives one of these ill snap a photo of it tomorrow as it sits in fornt of his house his looks more like a van version but is very big and beasty to be something he bought off showroom and has proudly standing on the front the mercedes name his is orange and brown

There are all kinds of accessories and implements available for them, kind of like farm tractors.

They had a couple of them as part of the village street dept. equipment where my brother worked. They had a monster snow blower that could throw snow 75 ft so you had to pay attention where you aimed it. They also had a mower that mounted on a telescoping boom that you controlled with a joystick. In the summer he would drive down a riverbed and mow the embankments with it.

-
Back