-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Resto

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey, I'm looking for a real 4 speed shifter. I have the pistol grip shifter but i want a 4 speed floor shifter. It's for a 74 Dart Swinger but it doesn't have to come from a 74 Dart. Any real 4 speed shifter. Thanks a lot. I have a lot if mopar parts for trade or i can pay cash.

Do you mean the handle or the shifter body? I am not sure what you mean by real?
If you have a Hurst comp plus shifter and pistol grip handle why not just change the handle to what you want? It should be a bolt on change.

Do you mean the handle or the shifter body? I am not sure what you mean by real?
If you have a Hurst comp plus shifter and pistol grip handle why not just change the handle to what you want? It should be a bolt on change.

Yeah, I've thought about doing that but i was seeing if I can find the whole shifter so I can do something else with the other one. Is the pistol grip a popular mopar handle? I'm not big on custom shifter knobs but I see a lot of MoPars with this same grip.

is it a factory pistol grip handle? If so it has value. Otherwise yes it is what I would consider popular. But the base is the same and if installed in the car already it is a lot easier to change the handle.

I saw you were looking to add a console to the car also. The 4-speed front console cover is different as is the shifter handle. The handle is specific to the 4-speed console. They are also rare and expensive for the factory stuff.

Brewers has a Hurst knock off 4-speed console handle, w/o the Hurst script on it. It is a bolt on type like your pistol grip should be. I think the factory ones were slip in. http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SH055R

Its a factory shifter. Brand new. Thanks a lot for the link. Its not in the car. I'm restoring a 74 Swinger and it's all gutted finishing a little body work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back