Looking for a 66 barracuda wood grain steering wheel

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see there is a company, The Steering Wheel Store out of East Providence RI. that has wood grain wheels for sale on eBay. Also another store in Severn MD. Has anyone ever bought a wheel from either place, and if so how nice were they? I am not having any luck finding a factory one for the 66.
Bob

HEY 66 this is 66 LOL.... you are lookin for a hens tooth, the wheels are out there but there isnt a single one that isnt cracked or chipped or has plastic pieces missing....so you have a choice ( just like I did ) ....find one that has decent stainless and restore it ( my choice) OR buy a repop which requires a ski mask and several visits to numerous liqueur stores prior to purchase....
Restoration is not that difficult.....POR makes good putty epoxy, so does JB WELD....fill in the cracks or missing pieces sand it down get it painted with base coat, toss in you version of woodgrain clear it and WHOOP der it is!!
IF you need help with any of that gimme a shout

I believe I have your wheel (except it's got a Dodge center emblem rather than a Barracuda emblem) -- send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you photos.

I have one but it's cracked. So it needs a resto. Some mild pitting. No center. The good ones go for 200 and up if you're lucky enough to find a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back