[SOLD] looking for an oil filter stud

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
well turns out all i have has a really thin nut on it ---- big block should be the same?

I'm not sure if the big block is the same, BUT if the one with the real thing nut has an INTERNAL hex drive then it is exactly what I am looking for

Sorry, I've been meaning to look at the ones I've got to see if they have the internal drive. I'll check today.

Sorry, I've been meaning to look at the ones I've got to see if they have the internal drive. I'll check today.

great, I appreciate it

I'm inpatient like a little kid with this car, the weather is nice enough so I want to be out driving it :burnout:

Mancini has them, but they are expensive alone:

http://www.manciniracing.com/moenoilfimof.html

Or you can get a block hardware kit with one:

http://www.manciniracing.com/moparengine.html

thanks Karl, I have been looking everywhere for one with the partnumber listed on mancinis website
if no used ones show up I will have to buy that one

I have ran into this myself and found the later blocks do not have the same gasket off set as the early blocks.

When I built my resto block I had to get a later Plate

The stud is the same. But there are different styles. One that tightens with a wrench. and one that tightens with a 3/8 ratchet.

I have what you need if you need the early plate. I also have either stud. Check which plate you need. and which stud you want. The wrench stud flows more oil due to a round inside hole rather then a square hole for use of a ratchet. Steve

Here's what I have.

Attachments

• 20160317_083232.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20160317_083248.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 68
Different view.

Attachments

• 20160317_083304.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20160317_083252.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 81
I have ran into this myself and found the later blocks do not have the same gasket off set as the early blocks.

When I built my resto block I had to get a later Plate

The stud is the same. But there are different styles. One that tightens with a wrench. and one that tightens with a 3/8 ratchet.

I have what you need if you need the early plate. I also have either stud. Check which plate you need. and which stud you want. The wrench stud flows more oil due to a round inside hole rather then a square hole for use of a ratchet. Steve

I can only assume that the plate I took off of the block was the correct one for the block (its a 75 block)
the plate I am trying to install is a canton unit, the aluminum one (part number 22-575)

I can see how the internal hex drive would reduce oil flow, creating a bottle neck compared to the external drive, but at this point I'm willing to try that one, thinking that maybe the oil filter is bottoming out on the taller external hex drive nut

Here's what I have.

PM send

I have a moroso style on my Duster and needed to use the factory plate with it. The newer plates heve 5 holes yours is a 4 hole which is correct for your block. I have the plates and the stud for your engine. I can send you one with the 4 holes milled bigger or standard holes with the stud for $25 shipped. The 4 holes have to be made bigger in a mill because the holes have to be moved down. I probably have the one piece or two piece gasket i will send along from kits left over from the Machine shop. PM me if interested . I will give you my phone number and info Steve

I have a moroso style on my Duster and needed to use the factory plate with it. The newer plates heve 5 holes yours is a 4 hole which is correct for your block. I have the plates and the stud for your engine. I can send you one with the 4 holes milled bigger or standard holes with the stud for $25 shipped. The 4 holes have to be made bigger in a mill because the holes have to be moved down. I probably have the one piece or two piece gasket i will send along from kits left over from the Machine shop. PM me if interested . I will give you my phone number and info Steve

thanks for the offer Steve, I just closed the deal on a stud with mojack
I am hoping to get this canton plate installed and non leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back