-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coryduran

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking to convert my 2bbl 65 273 to a 4bbl, everyone has been telling me the best intake to grab.

Wondering if anyone has a D4b for sale or know where I can find one.

I'm in the same boat with my '65 cuda... I think the original mopar 4bbl part is #2465726Summit carries the offenhauser's that fit the
'64-'65 273 motors. I found three on their site: http://www.summitracing.com/
#6023-dp

Best of luck finding one used for a 64-65! If you find two cheap, I'll take one...

I'm in the same boat with my '65 cuda... I think the original mopar 4bbl part is #2465726Summit carries the offenhauser's that fit the
'64-'65 273 motors. I found three on their site: http://www.summitracing.com/
#6023-dp

Best of luck finding one used for a 64-65! If you find two cheap, I'll take one...

got one 125. plus the ride

I snagged an Edelbrock LD4B (which is what I assume you are looking for) off E-Bay, for $112 to my door, last winter. They are still out there and I've seen some go for up to $250.

Mine will be going on my 318 as soon as I attempt & complete the carb rebuild.

Good luck with your hunt. Be patient.

I understood that the D4B and LD4B were two separate intakes, and that LD4B only fit on engines made in 66 or after, and the D4B fit on the mopar engines before 66, as they have different sized something or others. This is what I was told by another member but I may have things backwards?

I understood that the D4B and LD4B were two separate intakes, and that LD4B only fit on engines made in 66 or after, and the D4B fit on the mopar engines before 66, as they have different sized something or others. This is what I was told by another member but I may have things backwards?

The angle of the bolts that hold the intake to the cylinder head are the difference beetween the 64/65 engines and the later ones so the bolt holes in the intake are slightly different.

I just sold the D4B intake that I had a couple weeks ago,unfortunately.

Is it possible to use a D4B intake on the 65 engines without sacrificing something?

If so, how difficult would this be?

To answer the D4B -LD4B question, no318 is correct, the bosses the 5/16 intake bolt holes are drilled on are angled more vertical than the LD4B, look like little ramps off the original intake gasket surface. you can drill them out and grind them or run a beefy washer under the intake bolt to fit a 66 and later head. The L is the "Later" head if that helps to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back