Looking for large tube SB headers

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
you will find that most 1 7/8 or 2 inch header is going to have one tube that goes out thru the fenderwell...TTi is going to be your only choice if you want them all under the chasis...

He made that simple enough.
I had a set of the Hooker 1 7/8 years ago, I really liked those.
They fit inside the chassis, & was very easy to install & remove.
The bad thing is, they don't make them anymore.
I guess that Hooker doesn't run a standard 1 7/8 header anymore.
Looks like you have two choices, TTI or custom built.

just called hedman. Hedman 75141 is an under car header with no inner fender modifications, 1 7/8 stepped to a 2. i imagine i'll be rolling with them unless i come up with something better.

damn thats HUGE!
I thought a 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 would be a good chioce for a small block

408 CID and 7000 RPM is a good excuse to go this big :)
Super commando heads with MAJOR porting..what a money pit these things were.
engines going together in a few weeks once my straub cam comes in.

looking forward to bolting it together...then the "major" spending is over.

cool - have a blast!!!
I'm going to give them as call as well....

75141 has one tube going over the frame rail, through the inner fender according to the hedman catalog...

Unless they changed the design, the hedman husslers for SB A's all have one tube go through the inner

http://issuu.com/hedmanperformancegroup/docs/husler-race-headers?mode=window&viewMode=doublePage

Page 10-11 see 54 footnote

The headers Tony posted are huslers and you can see the #7 and #8 tubes don't go anywhere near down out of the port like they need to be inside the inners. tti or customs are teh only ones you'll likely find in 1 7/8" and you'll pay a penalty in HP with tti,.

i'll have to grab a hedman book tomorrow and see. maybe i'll get stuck to the 1 7/8 with no step... i'm not taking a sawzall to these inner fenders

alright, called up hedman husler AGAIN...yes one tube per side runs over the frame rail...7 and 8 , but the tech on the phone tells me minor, if ANY inner fender modicications will be needed....we're not talking hole saw and run a tube into the wheel well. MINOR/NONE is what the inner fender modifications was explained to me as. on my dart there is some room between the frame rail, and the unibody of the car...that must be where most of the 7/8 tube squeeze....not a fan of a remote oil filter kit...but not horrible i suppose.

supposedly you can get away with a mopar 90 degree adapter kit...i can't hardly see how the little number 43 oil filter gets in the way, but $180 for the filter adapter, vs a remote kit for $12...yeah that filters goin on the firewall.

now if i can convince myself a remote filter kit for $10 isn't going to leak lol

Foot note 54 in the above link clearly states one tube over frame, don't see how you are gonna accomplish that without cutting some holes..........

this thread was completely dead, but wanted everyone to know, hedman was completely incorrect telling me that there was no fenderwell modifications. i cut the single hole, on the lower inner fender, and one tube runs there wih a slip joint....wasn't happy, but had no other choice.

Too bad you had to go that route. I had been looking for some 1 7/8 headers for a while myself, and was going to get the Hustlers. I didn't care if I had to trim the fender, but I came across a pair of Hooker 1 7/8" headers about a month ago. They looked like they had sat in someones garage and never been ran. Two slip-fit tubes on the left side, one on the right, no fender cutting, they don't hang low, and they were extremely easy to install. Too bad they don't make them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back