Status
Not open for further replies.

1970b5swinger

1970B5SWINGER
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I have helped several people on these forums, now please help me. I am in search of an original passenger side mirror for a 1970 dart swinger,it is non rally style the glass can be broke but I would like nice chrome and a tight fit just pm me a picture with price or post the picture on here. thanks and I hope to get a few responses. thankls Sam

Can you post a picture of what it looks like?

Maybe not. The right door mirror was a rare addition. They were more often found on larger cars and station wagons.
I have a NOS right door mirror but its made for a right hand drive car. Short cable remote and the bowl isn't deeper on the outer side like the one you seek. The aftermarket has them new. Ask questions before you bolt it on the door or you may get it wrong rendering the view useless. Good luck

here is a picture of the mirror that was on it when I got it. it is made by the Yankee company, it is a close match to the driver side but I know it isnt the correct one so I am looking for something a little closer to stock. I wonder if there is a way to reverse the driver side mirror somehow on the base? I know they had to make something other than the rally mirrors.

Attachments

• mirror picture.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 109
Sadly, All of the castings are different and not interchangable.
A left mirror wont work on the right door. It will bolt on and probably look better than what you had but the view may not be helpful and it may interfere with opening the vent window.
For what its worth, you aren't the first member who has ran into the foreign right mirror problem. Some have just weld filled the extra holes in their right door skin before repaint.

Attachments

• mirror details.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 83
Thanks Redfish for the great info and picture of what should be there, I know they made them and someone should have one for sale. it is to late to fill in the holes and paint as I just got the car from paint a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back