LOOKING FOR PART: 66 Valiant Wagon Rear Window Seals

-

Ty Cope

Reaction score
Howdy, does anyone know where I can find seals for my '66 Valiant Wagon Rear Windows. Had to replace old cracked seals and having horrible time finding restoration parts for this. Help!!!
Valiant Rear Side Window.jpg

I feel your pain, I am going to run into the same thing with my 63 valiant wagon

as far as I know, Laysons should have those seals

People are quick to recommend big name rubber places like Steele and some others but they don't have them

@Rick@Laysons

I feel your pain, I am going to run into the same thing with my 63 valiant wagon

as far as I know, Laysons should have those seals

People are quick to recommend big name rubber places like Steele and some others but they don't have them

@Rick@Laysons
Thank you so much for the suggestion. I'll check them out.

If you search the threads in Parts wanted or maybe early A's there was a member who was trying to get a group buy going for these. I have no idea if they made progress however. Please repost if you find them or acceptable replacements as I'm beginning work on a '64 wagon and will need them also.

They're available. Gonna cost money; see here (Australia/US dollar exchange works in your favor). That "need body number" thing is because there was a body change in the rear quarter glass area on the Australian Valiant wagons when production of those body parts was shifted from North American import to local Australian manufacture in the middle of AP6 (1965) production. So even though yours is a '66, you need to specify "AP5/early AP6" to get the correct seals for your US/Canada wagon.

Last edited:
If you search the threads in Parts wanted or maybe early A's there was a member who was trying to get a group buy going for these. I have no idea if they made progress however. Please repost if you find them or acceptable replacements as I'm beginning work on a '64 wagon and will need them also.
Thank you for your help. I was able to find them at Layson's. Ask for Rick, he is very knowledgeable.

They're available. Gonna cost money; see here (Australia/US dollar exchange works in your favor). That "need body number" thing is because there was a body change in the rear quarter glass area on the Australian Valiant wagons when production of those body parts was shifted from North American import to local Australian manufacture in the middle of AP6 (1965) production. So even though yours is a '66, you need to specify "AP5/early AP6" to get the correct seals for your US/Canada wagon.
Thank you for your help. I did find the Australian company selling these. Real pricey. I was able to find the seals from Laysons.

-
Back