Looking to find the owner of this car for some bodywork advice..

-

POPS6T6

Reaction score
I have been wanting to customize my 1966 Barracuda and one of the things I wanted to do was remove as much of the trim as possible (that will all be for sale in the near future if anyone is intersted, I have two complete sets of all the trim) and I love the look of this car. The sleekness and how clean it is. The cowls have been filled, handles shaved and trim removed and filled. I am hoping to locate the owner to get some advice in regards to reshaping the quarter panels where the trim was removed. If anyone knows where to find the owner, or if you happen to be on here, please contact me! The only thing I know is that this picture was taken on May 10th 2008 at Fred's All American Old Car Day, in Santa Rosa Ca.

Attachments

• black cuda rear.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 361
I like the flares

Can't say that is my style, or those wheels, but the body on this car is done right. I want to keep it as sleek as possible and I can't tell if the trim is on there and just painted black, or if he rolled and welded metal there..

Hey Pops6t6 have you tried reaching the people who set up Fred's All American Old Car Day, in Santa Rosa Ca. they might have a listing of the particpants and their cars.

Can't say that is my style, or those wheels, but the body on this car is done right. I want to keep it as sleek as possible and I can't tell if the trim is on there and just painted black, or if he rolled and welded metal there..
Not my style either. If I wanted a one-color blob with no chrome, I'd get a new car.

Not my style either. If I wanted a one-color blob with no chrome, I'd get a new car.

Good thing we live in a free country and each are entitled to our own.. I don't mind the all black, limited chrome, but that's just my opinion and prolly not worth much to others...

Hey Pops6t6 have you tried reaching the people who set up Fred's All American Old Car Day, in Santa Rosa Ca. they might have a listing of the particpants and their cars.

I never even thought of that..duh! I'll give it a shot, hoping this guy is a regular or something, it isn't that far from me and might be worth checking out this year.. Thanks!

Here is the front view...Love how he smoothed out the cowl vents and also it appears that the front is one clip. There doesn't appear to be any hood lines along the fendors..Just an amazing job making it smooth as can be..

Attachments

• black cuda.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 271
Maybe it's a flip front? I've got the same wheels on the front of mine. When I got it, it was missing a bit of the chrome and I put it back on even though it's a race car. Just seems to break up the one color. Wonder what it has under the hood?

Maybe it's a flip front? I've got the same wheels on the front of mine. When I got it, it was missing a bit of the chrome and I put it back on even though it's a race car. Just seems to break up the one color. Wonder what it has under the hood?

I want to know what’s under the hood as well! I am definitely not going mono color, there will be some red thrown in there and flat and gloss black to break it up, but just love how that looks and I wonder if it is a flip front also, but wondering if that would be a steel (stock fenders and hood front) or if he somehow got a fiberglass front? Love the smoothness of the front.. If that is stock, that's quite a bit of weight to flip and would need some sort of hydraulic lifts on it.. I want to check it out in person and see what all was done.

Yeah I noticed that car the other day, crazy how he cut the rear wheel wells...

Think "mild custom".Stock muscle cars are boring,stetch the imagination a little bit.Sadly,the market has driven the price up.

Overall nice job buku hours of sanding super sleek, don't like the scoop or the rear fenders cut. I like some chrome to break up the paint.

-
Back