-
Status
Not open for further replies.

340wedge1971

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
Looking to get my Eddy carb rebuilt(#1405,600 CFM,manual choke),I can get it done local but i know jobs are tough these days and if someone here with experience needs the dough,i would love to help them out...I was quoted $135 with the carb kit (not sure if thats a deal,only checked one place),let me know if anyone can do it and make it worth it with the shipping.Would like it back within 3 weeks if possible...Any thoughts?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqUOKjEE5kMCDvh6BOh0JcWtKw~~60_12.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 130
  • $(KGrHqJ,!lIE6GBY93y!BOh0J)B0lQ~~60_12.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 136
  • $(KGrHqN,!jkE6FJt)U)SBOh0J8zE,g~~60_12.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 127
I could do it for that price, and eat the shipping...no problem. Question is, what exactly is wrong with it, and do you want it tuned to your particular combination. Can you send a set of plugs that were run with that carb and numbered by cylinder they came out of?
PM me your phone number if you want to talk about it.
Ironic thing is that just yesterday I ran an ad on the local craigslist for buying, selling, rebuilding and modifying AFB/AVS/TQ carbs.
Turn around on that carb would be less than a week.

Looks awful clean to be needing a rebuild,whats going on with it?

Chuck, I have a couple of carbs on the shelf that look just like that one that are completely gacked beyond comprehension due to sitting for a year or two with E90 in them. When todays gasoline turns bad, its EVIL!

those are the easiest carbs on the planet to rebuild. 135 ??? wow, i could get 2 running carbs for that money right off of CL. you should SERIOUSLY do it YOURSELF and LEARN how they work. i can tell you right now it is missing the vacuum port plug in the back of the carb. maybe thats why it doesnt run well??? just sayin'

Yep, explain the problem. The kits to adjust are about $50, but we can walk you through it. Did Carters years ago, then Holleys for too long. last three Eddys (Carter), so much easier, ans more fine tunable that anything.

....and because the electric choke pod is missing, there is a port there that needs to be plugged off as well. just looking at the pics i can see two vacuum leaks that are often overlooked. people pay big bucks to send these carbs out to be "rebuilt" because they have vacuum leaks and run like crap. a lot of times the guy merely checks the floats, plugs the ports and sends them back out, and charges a bunch of money. you can literally take one completely apart, set the floats, and have it back together and running on the car in less than an hour. the nice thing about these carbs is that you can take the top off, while on the engine, switch out jets, needles and springs in 20 minutes, allowing for quick and easy fine tuning. once you take one apart , you will see how easy they really are to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back