Looking to repair or replace a bench seat back release cable.

-

Kipprc

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anybody made a replacement bench seat back release cable? I picked up a 72 Scamp benchseat with a broken one and I can't find a replacement online. Are the ones from other mopar bench seats (B,C, E) the same length? What about the ones from other 73 and up? Just trying to move this seat recovery project forward.

20240422_061535.jpg

20240422_061548.jpg

Last edited:
Look at mc master carr.

They have all kinds of things like that.

The ends are crimped on like a wire connector

After digging into it a little more the passenger side seat catch is different from the drivers side. I have added a picture to the first post. The cable isn't affixed via a pressed in pin. It looks like some sort of loop would go around the thin arm on the catch. I haven't found a picture of one yet so I am not sure. Chime in if you know this is attached or if you have pictures.

After digging into it a little more the passenger side seat catch is different from the drivers side. I have added a picture to the first post. The cable isn't affixed via a pressed in pin. It looks like some sort of loop would go around the thin arm on the catch. I haven't found a picture of one yet so I am not sure. Chime in if you know this is attached or if you have pictures.

Don’t know if it will help you any, but maybe a bicycle brake cable would give you something to work with.

-
Back