-
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyCash1979

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye that I am looking to trade. I am looking for a 68-72 Dart, 73-74 Dart Sport, 70-74 Duster or a 71-72 Scamp. Also would trade for a hotrod Dakota 96 or older. I would prefer something that is quick. Now for my car. It is a factory Rallye car and it is GY8 Gold. I was told that they only made 213 Rallye's in 72 that were GY8 Gold. Don't know if thats true or not. The car came with a 318 from the factory. It now has a rebuilt 360 in it. Also has a rebuilt 727 tranny. The motor and tranny have less than 200 miles on them. It has a 8 3/4 rearend with a 3.91 suregrip(489). The interior is in decent shape. The seats were recovered in the correct black covers. The rest of the interior was dyed black when I bought the car. It was tan from the factory. It is starting to peel mostly on the door panels. The dash has a cover on it. The headliner has 1 hole in it but it has been patched. The floors and frames are solid. The trunk is starting to rust, but could easily be fixed. It has about 4 holes in it, the biggest one is around the size of a halfdollar. The quarters are starting to bubble on the bottom. But they are solid. The winshield posts have some rust but nothing major. The worst spot on the car I think is where the drivers side quarter meets the roofline. It looks like filler or lead. It is not through though, looked behind the headliner and it was solid as could be. The car has a 6-pack hood on it, the scoop is bondoed and it is cracking. I do have a brand new Rallye hood for it. It is from GoodMark. Also have the inserts. The car will need painted. Also I live in Ohio, I can not deliver u will have to come to me. Any questions just ask. Sorry this was so long. Thanks

car-04.jpg

car-10.jpg

Not saying this car is perfect, it does need work but it is a solid car. The reason the hood has 383 magnum emblems on it is because when I bought the car it had a 383 in it. We pulled the motor and were going to have it rebuilt. And when we got inside the engine it was practically brand new. It was really built so we put it in a 68 Sattelite, then put the 360 in the Challenger. I also have 360 4-barrel emblems for the Rallye hood. The engine looks rough from setting but it has less than 200 miles on it.

Forgot to mention the car also had a new steering gear box installed. The car has J.V.C. cassette radio in it but I do have the original radio.

Any questions just ask, I am trying to be honest about this car so please feel free to ask. I might consider selling it outright but would rather trade. Thanks

dont wanna buy or trade, but why is there an aftermarket tack on the column? its got the ralley dash with a factory tach

i would trade you in a heart beat lol. i have a '75 scamp 360 4 speed 10.5 compression and bored .030 over she scoots. but its not the front end that you are looking for and its in cheyenne and i cant really get it to ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back