Looks suspiciously like marine/ reverse rotation to me, what say you?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Found this on CL notice the spacer in the distributor hole. Also has the weird "high mount" water pump setup (heads with front pump ports):

413 Mopar Engine - New
413 Mopar Engine - New - $500

00n0n_hvQ6teIFKfj_1200x900.jpg

00R0R_lwe2ocPvBaO_600x450.jpg

Ha ! Guy didnt know it was marine when he bought it and is hoping the next dupe wont either... Gaurantee he wont leave a forwarding address !

My HD parts book says the P/N is for a 413 Industrial Truck w/2bbl intake.
1964-65 COE Trucks. R308, T308, T310.
I suspect it's for an old cab-over tractor. If I recall, those 2bbl intakes were worth some $ at one time. He probably dosesn't have that anymore.

Last edited:
What I don't get (I'm familiar with the truck/ motor home heads) is the distributor spacer. Weird

I don't anything about the truck thing but wouldn't it be worth 500 bucks? Or is the block / bottom end different? If you just swap out the heads and cam? Maybe?

I THOUGHT that the industrial motorhome stuff with the high mount water pump mounted only to the heads with no block provision. Was I imagining things?

I THOUGHT that the industrial motorhome stuff with the high mount water pump mounted only to the heads with no block provision. Was I imagining things?

No, only ones ive seen had the same set-up as pictured above.
heads are junk.
its a block and crank, thats about it for useful.
only time ive seen a spacer like that was for using a rb distributor in a low deck app.

I do remember the spacer thing but it says 413, did they make a low block 413? That thing must be some odd ball for sure.

No Rob the block is the same. The difference is the heads/ intake/ pump and maybe the cam drive........may be gear drive not sure

Been told the pistons are not only low compression but VERY heavy. "been told....."

the ones in the industrial 361 I tore down were very low compression and heavy. it was out of a early 70's D450 or something.

DSC04786.JPG
DSC01655.JPG
DSC09656.JPG

No Rob the block is the same. The difference is the heads/ intake/ pump and maybe the cam drive........may be gear drive not sure

Been told the pistons are not only low compression but VERY heavy. "been told....."

Thanks for the correction, Del. Hopefully it's an industrial or motorhome engine and not reverse rotation.

Hope you are feeling better. Will call you either Friday or Saturday.

Thanks for the correction, Del. Hopefully it's an industrial or motorhome engine and not reverse rotation.

Hope you are feeling better. Will call you either Friday or Saturday.

I get to go to the PT gal tomorrow morn at 0715. "I hope" she will "relocate" the rib. Not looking forward to that "few seconds of horror" LMAO

The gal at the doc office felt it all 'round and was sure nothing is broken. I'm "high" on a stew of Hydrocodon / tylenol/ and can at least lay here in my chair. Tonight's sleep might be a different deal. I'm darn lucky I didn't hurt myself "for real." Hip, arm, shoulder, or "my neck" LOL

That would make a good turbo candidate.

No pictures of the flange of the crankshaft, could be the 8 bolt extended version.

OK, thanks for ignore me. Is it a tall block (RB) or not (LB) not? I guess short? Not worth 500 bucks? What ever... carry on

It's defiantly a RB cause you can see the info/id pad at the front to the right of the distributor location. which even says 413 right on it

So I guess someone could use it as a nice block and crank on an early build B body? Are the motor mounts the same? It's not not like it would be numbers matching but if it is new that is a deal.

The spacer is normal on industrial 413. The cam is direct gear drive and reverse rotation cam shaft. No idlers. It uses a different distributor that turns the opposite way. Possible small block distributor? Good block. Good crank. Install a standard 440 cam and chain. Install standard style heads and you have a good motor.

So I guess someone could use it as a nice block and crank on an early build B body? Are the motor mounts the same? It's not not like it would be numbers matching but if it is new that is a deal.

For me that much for a block and crank and maybe rods is a lot of money Interesting, the add has been deleted!!!

-
Back