Lost my best friend last night

-

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
Had to cut short a business trip to put my pure bred Alpha male 95lb Siberian Husky down last night. He stopped eating and drinking and couldn't get up anymore. He was 14 years old and went everywhere with me and the family. Especially camping in the Sierra's. His name was Brody. He never gave us a lick of trouble. Loved people. Other animals not so much.
And now he is gone. I miss him so much.

Attachments

• Brody 11-11-2015.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 325
The only bad thing about owning a Dog is having to do the right thing when the time comes. I recently lost my 16 year old Aussie, named Bodie! Named after the ghost town. Sorry.

When one of our family members leaves us it leaves a hole in our heart. You have my deepest sympathy, it has happened to us and now my Lab girl is getting knee repair on both legs.
DR:coffee2:

Attachments

my condolences to you and your family.

I have a 15 year old Boston Terrier the loyalist dog I ever seen it wont be long now either. cheers to our best friends.

Sorry to hear it - as said by Mopar Tim, it is often so hard to do the right thing. May your puppy RIP.

Bummer mans best friend.on our second lab 1st lived 14 great years had 2 knee surgeries on this one but well worth it i said i did not want another after 1st lab glad we got another!! take care!

You have my condolences. Sounds a lot like what my 16 year old cat, Stubby did this year. He just stopped eating. Kept losing weight. Vet couldn't find anything. You have your memories.

I read somewhere that it helps to still act like they are around. Calling them to come sit by you and such. I thought it was stupid, but I catch myself calling Stubby all the time. It makes me feel better.

Very Sorry for your loss. I know, I will be a wreck when mine is gone.

........... He never gave us a lick of trouble. Loved people. Other animals not so much.
And now he is gone. I miss him so much.

Sorry for you loss. I know the pain. Lobo, my Malamute, had the same temperament. He came up with cancer and they wanted to amputate a foreleg. At 90 pounds and 12 years old I couldn't picture him hobbling around on three. Hardest decision to put him down. We still miss him and talk about him a lot.

Attachments

• Lobo3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 276
Sorry to hear about your loss. Had to do 2-13yr old lab mixes in the last year, and one Weiner dog that died suddenly. Hard to lose a close friend like a dog can be.

Get another one, it really helps.

Animals, they're so lovable when they leave us it can seem even worse then a real person....... My condolences to the loss, your family (wife) and even kids of grown they too will miss the puppy.......

RRR is right, I lost so many pets over the years, talkin about them at times no matter how long its been helps.

I don't know how its gonna be when I loose my little "partnet in crime". here he is:

Tuffy_Shop_Dog_011_detail.jpg

Laying in his bed under my shops office computer desk.....

Tuffy_Shop_Dog_006_detail.jpg

Rompin' around the office floor playin/chewin a "chew stick"

He was a gift to my Wife, from her Dad, but he's mine..... (If that makes any sense), where you find me, you'll find him.... AND he loves the shop! His name it "Tuffy" as for a Chihuahua & Shih-Tzu mix hes a tuff little guy!!!!
Pets are great!!!!! -The Chiwowwow in him gives him LOTS of play and fight, the Shih-Tzu tames it just a bit, to make him "friendly". nice mix of the 2 breeds.

That Husky is a beautiful pet man, I'm sure hes gonna be missed........ (I've ALWAYS favored the big dogs from the Husky and Malamute family beautiful dogs!!!) And lovable as can be, GREAT "Family Members" keep your memories, talk of them with those who know of them, -And as mentioned I'd get anotherone, a new pet always helps!!!!

Thanks everyone. Funny. Besides my wife I'd rather share my loss with you guys than anybody else.

So sorry for your loss. Just think....Brody is in Doggie Heaven and pains no more! Let it be know that he is his healthy self once again running around full of Life. God takes care of our critters.

Man I am sorry for you loss... There is one thing for sure in life.. Everything is temporary... You will be with him again one day.... He is in no more pain...

God Bless..

-
Back