Low or no oil pressure on new engine, wtf now...

-
Well, My engine is a 72, is it an issue? Here is what my new plate looks like, do I need a plug? The old set up was the 4 bolt plate and the oil slinger on the crank.

The original thrust plate was ground on the mating surface of the block to seal the galleries. Since you are there I'd remove the tensioner and see if there are plugs in the Galleries. If not get some from a dealer and install them. The Tensioner is basically made of sheet metal and not designed to seal the galleries.

Found the issue.

The oil pump shaft was jamed into the pump, so they are both messed up. I was there when we but it in and we didn't really put any force on it to put it in. This time the shaft goes in befor the pump. Well I guess I need to order a new pump, gasket and shaft........and clean again...

Thanks to all who helped, maybe, one day this car will be done, as in finished!

Found the issue.

The oil pump shaft was jamed into the pump, so they are both messed up. I was there when we but it in and we didn't really put any force on it to put it in. This time the shaft goes in befor the pump. Well I guess I need to order a new pump, gasket and shaft........and clean again...

Thanks to all who helped, maybe, one day this car will be done, as in finished!

Good deal!

While the pan is off check one more thing.............You said you had low oil pressure from the beginning, before the cam failure and all.

Get a feeler gauge in between them two rod, on each throw(the big end of the rod)
My first eng they were a little over spec but didn't bother much with it.
Always had vary low pressure at idle. had a high volume pump, pull the pump and added the stiffer spring............pressure was alway bad at idle.

with my next eng(due to stuffing a valve through that one:angry7:) i ended up scoring some nos 340 rods for 5 buck each!!!!!

Now i have 40 psi at idle and pegs may 80 psi gauge.(

While It's apart, give it a check

-
Back