lower ball joints

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
This is my first time doing ball joints and for the life of me I cant figure out how to get the dust boot on the lower ball joint. The joints are moog and the boot has metal ring inside the boot and just will not go on. I lubed it tried pushing it on, try using a screw driver. I got little rip in one now and I dont want to tear the other one up :-/

OKAY WHAT i ended up doing is i grabbed my sons old old old T ball bat and took a saw to it and cut it (the bat) (cylinder metal bat)and then put it over the boot and hammered it into the ball joint carefully so it wouldnt cause a ripppppp.... i didnt have anything else that would fit around it.... worked perfect !

maybe if you have a SOCKET or something like that that fits over it.... then your in business. good luck

This is my first time doing ball joints and for the life of me I cant figure out how to get the dust boot on the lower ball joint. The joints are moog and the boot has metal ring inside the boot and just will not go on. I lubed it tried pushing it on, try using a screw driver. I got little rip in one now and I dont want to tear the other one up :-/

Yup, socket if you have one, tap it on with a hammer.

I usually don't even use the boots that come w/ a new ball joint, since the rubber doesn't seem to last. I prefer a polyurethane boot from Energy Suspension.

-
Back