M code barracuda

-
Man, the Notched backs are WAY Sexier! But you may be right, it seems like most of the M codes I've seen (not that I'm an authority on them) have been Fastbacks..
I disliked notchbacks for a long time but they've slowly grown on me. I like um now.

I disliked notchbacks for a long time but they've slowly grown on me. I like um now.
I'm totally opposite Brother, I absolutely did not dig the Fastbacks, always been a notch fan, but I guess now that I'm older, grumpier and more acceptable to different types of stuff, the fastbacks are actually cool as well! Lol, reckon we can agree to disagree ( without even disagreement) with the end results the Same!

Well since that wasn't a body in white, special order race car if you imagine the warranty issues if they would have stuck a 4-speed in those bad boys? Brutal! Now I've talked to a couple people that actually own original numbers matching ones, what I can't figure out is where the 383s and 440 cars, (H and M) built to Magnum specs Factory?
Yes, in 1969 the 383 A-Body's had 335 HP engines but were rated at 330 HP because of the restrictive drivers side manifold. The 440 was still rated at 375 HP in an A-Body...

Yes, in 1969 the 383 A-Body's had 335 HP engines but were rated at 330 HP because of the restrictive drivers side manifold. The 440 was still rated at 375 HP in an A-Body...
Thank You Sir! So they all had the "Roadrunner" cam, and 906 heads. Man those cars were bad! They'd scoot a B body along pretty good, I can only imagine what they do in one of them! YEE HAWWW!

Well since that wasn't a body in white, special order race car if you imagine the warranty issues if they would have stuck a 4-speed in those bad boys? Brutal! Now I've talked to a couple people that actually own original numbers matching ones, what I can't figure out is where the 383s and 440 cars, (H and M) built to Magnum specs Factory?
I think (think!) they were magnum motors, but were down-rated because of the terrible drivers side exhaust manifolds (the 440 manifolds are worth a fortune, cause they were thrown away for headers.)
Edit: tree'd by Hemi Dart!

Although headrests weren't mandated for use until Jan. 1, 1969 they were optional before that and you could also order headrests for just one side on buckets.

Had both notchback and fastback.....people would ask if the notch was a corvair...hmmmm....and they would tell me the fastback was a woman's car back in the day....idiots....well I sold them both...and dared them to speak of my Demon!

I think (think!) they were magnum motors, but were down-rated because of the terrible drivers side exhaust manifolds (the 440 manifolds are worth a fortune, cause they were thrown away for headers.)
Edit: tree'd by Hemi Dart!
Dig it! Thank You!

I run the 440 M code Cuda Registry, Formally Tom Wenstadt then to Dave Goodwin and now to me.
The supposedly last M code 440 Cuda is the 357. So roughly 299 fastback and 58 notchback from research. From what I have here and would say the first batch close to 30 were Notcbacks built by the numbers. (I am sure there was a fastback or two built first as the registry starts out with the 4th car built). As we all know the first was a fastback prototype. The next batch after the Notchbacks were fastbacks, I can’t put a number on how many. Then it was a mix but from the numbers mostly fastbacks. Ordered Build dates were December 1st 1968, roughly 210 built, March 2nd 1969 roughly 120 built and May 18 1969 roughly 27 built, These numbers are just estimated from what information I have here in the registry). All M codes were automatics but supposedly a few had dealer installed four speeds but there is NO documentation of that.

I run the 440 M code Cuda Registry, Formally Tom Wenstadt then to Dave Goodwin and now to me.
The supposedly last M code 440 Cuda is the 357. So roughly 299 fastback and 58 notchback from research. From what I have here and would say the first batch close to 30 were Notcbacks built by the numbers. (I am sure there was a fastback or two built first as the registry starts out with the 4th car built). As we all know the first was a fastback prototype. The next batch after the Notchbacks were fastbacks, I can’t put a number on how many. Then it was a mix but from the numbers mostly fastbacks. Ordered Build dates were December 1st 1968, roughly 210 built, March 2nd 1969 roughly 120 built and May 18 1969 roughly 27 built, These numbers are just estimated from what information I have here in the registry). All M codes were automatics but supposedly a few had dealer installed four speeds but there is NO documentation of that.
That would have been sick! Dealer 4 spd Conversion? Yeah Buddy!

69 m code pretty badass how they held on to it after it got hit yearrrrrrrs ago

ebay634846.jpg

ebay634849.jpg

I'm totally opposite Brother, I absolutely did not dig the Fastbacks, always been a notch fan, but I guess now that I'm older, grumpier and more acceptable to different types of stuff, the fastbacks are actually cool as well! Lol, reckon we can agree to disagree ( without even disagreement) with the end results the Same!
Im a fan of the FB, I'd just get a dart if getting a notch type car. To each his own. I have to say the FB are a bit too booty from the direct side angle. Every other angle looks really good.

$0.02

What could be better than a 440 in a A-body? Nothing! Well except a Hemi

I always liked the coupes. Decades ago, I had one and the guy I worked for and taught me how to paint...pointed out how much they look like a later Corvair, from midway back. I couldn't argue that...

My brother has the fast back and I have the notch, I’m starting to like the fast back more maybe cause it has a 340 and a four speed

Correct me if I'm wrong....but.....I thought all cars starting in 1969 were mandated to having headrests?????

Damn nice lookin car though...... :thumbsup:
I'm pretty sure Federal Regs for mandated headrests were not mandatory until the 1970 car model year. that is why for mopar, the "high-back" bucket seats were in everything. the higher back fulfilled the "headrest" safety regulation.

I'm pretty sure Federal Regs for mandated headrests were not mandatory until the 1970 car model year. that is why for mopar, the "high-back" bucket seats were in everything. the higher back fulfilled the "headrest" safety regulation.
That actually makes Perfect Sense, knowing how Ma Mopar liked to save a Lil cash on the Manufacturer's side, and make ALOT of stuff interchangeable, DEFINITELY AIN'T knockin' Her, cause that Bread went to R@D, and Engineering!

-
Back