Made a single pully.

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
20180308_200804_zpsrt6y42t5.jpg

Cut the extra pully off.

Less rotating mass and never gonna run power steering.

With a bandsaw no less.
I'm impressed if you still have all your fingers.:D

I would have done it on a lathe but it looks like the band saw did a great job and I'm sure faster, Sweet!

I always thought that was possible but the B/RB ones I see are nested, spot welded at the face. Wonder if I can drill out the welds....

This Thread makes me want a machine shop! I would probably hand make 90% of the stuff how my car if I could. If you're running a mechanical water pump and you have a triangulated fan belt you might be okay. My problem was using that stock pulley and running the alternator way too fast when I'm rubbing her up past 5 and 6k. I only have the alternator that I run so my belt is not triangulated. With that big pulley and that little pulley it was throwing the belt no matter how well I had them lined up. And no matter how tired I had it once I got past six grand... fling!....
I ended up doing what I hate doing buying something instead of being able to make something. I bought a March performance reduced size pulley and it stop the belt from throwing off.

This Thread makes me want a machine shop! I would probably hand make 90% of the stuff how my car if I could. If you're running a mechanical water pump and you have a triangulated fan belt you might be okay. My problem was using that stock pulley and running the alternator way too fast when I'm rubbing her up past 5 and 6k. I only have the alternator that I run so my belt is not triangulated. With that big pulley and that little pulley it was throwing the belt no matter how well I had them lined up. And no matter how tired I had it once I got past six grand... fling!....
I ended up doing what I hate doing buying something instead of being able to make something. I bought a March performance reduced size pulley and it stop the belt from throwing off.

I run a moroso crank pulley and it really slows down the alt, March is too much $$$ for me.

-
Back