Made in USA !

-

hypermite

Reaction score
So I had to bite the bullet & buy new rotors for my Duster, & I get all excited when the parts counter guy lays down the boxes that say "MADE IN USA" Opening them at home, I see this. Nothing against our brothers & sisters from the north, I just thought it was a little funny.

ro 001.JPG

Oh no!!! Some beer swilling canuck made them ...Your in trouble now,lol!!!

I would bet that they were cast in Canada and machined here in the states. I work for Detroit Diesel and our engine DD15 liter is cast in South Africa and has it casted that it's from there, but we do all of the machining here in Michigan. If you see the finished truck build sheet it probably shows the engine made in the USA. Jayson

Years ago I bought new rotors for my old '84 Cadillac Limo. Box is stamped Made In USA. Open the box and the rotors are stamped "Made In China". Damn! Oh well I put them on anyways and never had a problem.

Wylde1.

PS. Better remove the Canada markings. If Obama sees that, he will be mad at you. And we wouldn't want that would we? :toothy10::thebirdm::toothy10:

So I had to bite the bullet & buy new rotors for my Duster, & I get all excited when the parts counter guy lays down the boxes that say "MADE IN USA" Opening them at home, I see this. Nothing against our brothers & sisters from the north, I just thought it was a little funny.

what is the make of the rotor on the box? still better than the china ones. the china ones the knurl on the studs are different size. so you can't use the normal long studs. they don't fit.

at least they were made on the north american continent! i just bought an srt8 wagon that was made in canada,so i help it holds up!!

-
Back