Magazines

-

bobscuda67

Reaction score
I have many years of Mopar Action and Mopar Muscle magazines that I would love to give to someone, but of course the shipping would be very expensive.
What do you guys do with your old issues? It would make me sick to recycle them if someone wanted them.

not sure how to go about it but maybe check with local military recruiting
station to see if could donate to overseas personel

Actually their real cheap to ship if you use the medium flat rate USPS box. Several (not sure how many but I'd guess at least 25-30) will fit in one and it only costs about $11 to ship a box of them anywhere in the USA. Weight limit is like 70lbs. so your safe there.

What years are they and how many? It has been a lot of years that I stopped getting magazines and I really like the older issues. I think they talked more about the car and they all had a different feel to them.

Let me know. Thanks.

I agree the older mags seems liek they were more about budget builds, and backyard mechanics, seems like the newer mags are just about high dollar builds.
I used to take my magazines to a swap meet, lay em out and put $1 each or even 2 for $1. Usually someone would come along and offer me $20-25 for the whole lot of them, and it would pay for about 1/2 of the booth rental. I always thought I would cater to the customer that goes to the swap meet to socialize and hates to go away without anything, but doesn't have a whole lot to spend, and doesn't have any specific needs.

Just like coffeedart,swap meet,sold mine 5 for a buck.Someone came along and gave me $45 for the lot of them.Had about 200 and was glad not to take them home.

I'm the exact opposite, I hang on to mine, use them for reference material. I have stuff that goes back to the mid 60's. Sometimes it's amazing to see what they did with what they had.

Just let me know when and if you want to get rid of them. I would love to have some of the older ones and some of the new ones as well. I stopped getting them after I had a stroke and was out of work. I couldnt renew all my subscriptions.

I do feel the ones from the 80s to early and mid 90s are the best and some of the 2000s. I agree we got the real builds from real people and not always a show poney on every page.

I have been thinking of getting Hot Rod again as I have been watching them on youtube a lot.

I think at one time I was getting 8-13 mags at a time and some are now no longer around or back and awful.

Just let me know when and if you want to get rid of them. I would love to have some of the older ones and some of the new ones as well. I stopped getting them after I had a stroke and was out of work. I couldnt renew all my subscriptions.

I do feel the ones from the 80s to early and mid 90s are the best and some of the 2000s. I agree we got the real builds from real people and not always a show poney on every page.

I have been thinking of getting Hot Rod again as I have been watching them on youtube a lot.

I think at one time I was getting 8-13 mags at a time and some are now no longer around or back and awful.

If you want tech articles Hot Rod ain't happening. I'm letting my Hot Rod subscription drop cause I haven't read 4 articles in the past 2 yrs. concerning a Mopar. Lately they have only had 1-2 tech articles per month in it at all. My father-in-law gets Musclecar review and if you ask me it's a lot better than Hot Rod. If their putting out good stuff on You Tube watch it there and save your money.

I drop off a few to all the dr's offices I take mom too....heh heh you should see the old geezers toss down the typical magazines there to get some real reading in....

If you want tech articles Hot Rod ain't happening. I'm letting my Hot Rod subscription drop cause I haven't read 4 articles in the past 2 yrs. concerning a Mopar. Lately they have only had 1-2 tech articles per month in it at all. My father-in-law gets Musclecar review and if you ask me it's a lot better than Hot Rod. If their putting out good stuff on You Tube watch it there and save your money.

Thanks and yeah their road kill series is just fun to watch and they do post them in the magazine but not sure how much of it.

I used to get Musclecar Review and I think that is one that shut down for a while and then came back. Wasnt there a Muscle car magazine?

I've got magazines stacked in tubs in two clossets and one hall closset that is meant for towels (5 shelves each a foot long) stacked full of car magazines. I have a mix of all kinds of car mags not just Mopars.

Mopar Collectors Guide used to sale them a big box stack for 80 bucks and I ordered them got a lot of what they started with and just cool to read.

Thanks and yeah their road kill series is just fun to watch and they do post them in the magazine but not sure how much of it.

I used to get Musclecar Review and I think that is one that shut down for a while and then came back. Wasnt there a Muscle car magazine?

I've got magazines stacked in tubs in two clossets and one hall closset that is meant for towels (5 shelves each a foot long) stacked full of car magazines. I have a mix of all kinds of car mags not just Mopars.

Mopar Collectors Guide used to sale them a big box stack for 80 bucks and I ordered them got a lot of what they started with and just cool to read.

Your welcome. And sorry if I made it sound like tech articles are the only important thing. Their just my cup of tea so sometimes I get narrow minded, LOL

I think your right about Musclecar Review going away for a while then coming back. I don't remember a Muscle Car magazine but maybe they just didn't have it at my local news stand.

Your welcome. And sorry if I made it sound like tech articles are the only important thing. Their just my cup of tea so sometimes I get narrow minded, LOL

I think your right about Musclecar Review going away for a while then coming back. I don't remember a Muscle Car magazine but maybe they just didn't have it at my local news stand.

Hey no problem I never took it that way. I have been wanting to pick one up the last few months and see how it is and if I liked it I would get a subscription. The bad part is the price at the news stand its almost cheaper to just sub to them lol.

I need to dig out a few of my old mags and see I think one was every other month called Musclecar Magazine and then Musclecar Review. I think one may have taken the place of the other one and then both went away...I can't remember now. I do know when they did I had to pick another magazine for the last part of my sub.

Car Craft was good at one time and then it went off the rails for me.

My favorite of all the Mopar mags was Mopar Collectors Guide and I loved reading Galen Goviers pieces but he went away and then I felt the magazine changed as well. It seemed not many of the restored cars more of the modified cars and I like those too but not ever page.

I need to hit ebay lol and get some old mags.

-
Back