Magnum force 2" drop spindles

-

prrc

Reaction score
With a limited number of options on big brakes. I ran a cross magnum force 2" drop spindles. Seems they have some wilwood option's that will bolt up to these spindles that are stock wilwood part numbers. Yes I know wilwood makes a bolt on kit. But only in a 11/12 inch version. I want 13's for my build. My concern is upsetting the front suspension geometry. And causing a bump steer issue with the drop spindle. Anyone have any input on these spindles.
Thanks Tim

I had these and sold them. Nice pieces but 2" is too much. I run stock spindles, 14" brakes with 9" rims. All fits perfectly. I run thin bump stops with the correct length shocks.

An 8 is all I can get under front of my 65 dart. Are the brakes the radial mount AR. Engineering brackets.

You might try asking wilwood what's different about those brake kits that make them specific to the drop spindles. I ran the Magnum force 2" drop spindles with stock 11.75" rotors and calipers. They use the standard 73+ wheel bearings and I used the OE caliper brackets. I guess what I'm saying is I have no idea what would keep you from running those Wilwood brakes on standard 73+ spindles. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll work, but I know the drop spindles use 73+ wheel bearings and work just fine with OE caliper brackets and rotors so...:dontknow:

That said, I have Dr. Diff's 13" rotor kit with cobra calipers and love it. I would use it over the wilwoods in a heartbeat. They work great, Cass is awesome to work with and provides great support, and the calipers and rotors (except for the pattern re-drill) are off the shelf items you can get at your local parts shop.

You might try asking wilwood what's different about those brake kits that make them specific to the drop spindles. I ran the Magnum force 2" drop spindles with stock 11.75" rotors and calipers. They use the standard 73+ wheel bearings and I used the OE caliper brackets. I guess what I'm saying is I have no idea what would keep you from running those Wilwood brakes on standard 73+ spindles. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll work, but I know the drop spindles use 73+ wheel bearings and work just fine with OE caliper brackets and rotors so...:dontknow:

That said, I have Dr. Diff's 13" rotor kit with cobra calipers and love it. I would use it over the wilwoods in a heartbeat. They work great, Cass is awesome to work with and provides great support, and the calipers and rotors (except for the pattern re-drill) are off the shelf items you can get at your local parts shop.

Those calipers have been discontinued for years now. Either you buy them rebuilt and pay the core or buy the taiwan copies. Either way they work with the brackets I've made.

Those calipers have been discontinued for years now. Either you buy them rebuilt and pay the core or buy the taiwan copies. Either way they work with the brackets I've made.

Ok, sue me, they're "cobra style" calipers. Since I installed them on my own car myself in March of this year I know they aren't discontinued. Maybe they're reproductions, but I know that Cass wouldn't throw crap parts into his kits. And you can always get the Brembo kit if the "cobra style" kits bother you.

And they work spectacularly. :thumbup:

IMG_5297_zpsec8230f1.jpg

http://www.doctordiff.com/cobra-style-13-front-disc-brake-kit.html

Just trying to help the original poster. Nice looking setup, and I know they work well as I had that setup for years prior to upgrading to 14" . Yours look like the repro caliper from the picture.

So what are you using for a hub assembly to use the srt rotors? I will assume your making your own caliper braket. No you have some part # s you could share.

I have the MagnumForce 2" dropped spindles with there tubular upper control arms and the 12.19 wilwood brakes with 4 piston calipers and drilled and slotted rotors. I love it, Im now saving to do there whole K member/coil over front suspension. I am also planing on upgrading to the 6 piston rotors. I have 16x7 inch rims upfront and have not had a single problem- With their products, I am having issues with the 40 year old stuff I left on there.
I highly reccommend anything they have.

Problem solved. HDK front suspension on the way along with Wilwood 2" drop pro series drop spindles along with 13"rotors and 6 piston calipers.

-
Back