Magnum Force front ends

-

Mopar Miller

Reaction score
I have a 68 dart drag car. I installed a Magnum Force front end. They are a great product.
HOWEVER I had 2 issues, I feel all of you thinking about getting one need to know.

1) when I placed the order, I told them my car was around 3000 pounds. They messed up and sent me a 2000 pound brake kit. In Phoenix at the Nationals I almost crashed, the rotors immediately warped BAD. The people at Magnum Force would NOT do any thing. I should have sued them. I called wildwood and they said I needed a new system everything!! They lied also, I got on their web site and matched part numbers. I didn't have to get a complete brake kit but the parts to change out Magnum Forces mess up cost me nearly $500.00.

2) The width of these k members on a A body is wider than the stock A body width. I didn't think it was a big problem for me I was using a 3" front tire run on the drag strip. At the Mopar Mile High Nationals making the U turn to access the staging lanes I rolled the left front fender in. (see picture see how the lower fender rolled under I pulled it out but it's not right). A stock tire may be more of a problem, Look at my picture and see how far out the tires are in the wheel well. THE CAR SITS LOWER ALSO, THAT MAY HAVE BEEN PART OF THE PROBLEM. I have heard they have fixed this issue. CHECK into it!!

If I had to do it over, I would have had a customer front end made by one of the Hemi super stock guys! Document what you tells these guys, they out right told me I ordered them wrong, but they couldn't prove IT. Why the hell would I tell them my car was under 2000#'s??. Good Luck

Attachments

• Dart good side.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 925
Sorry to her that. If you do some searching on this site you will find most do not recommend there set up.

Nice car you got there.

I truly sympathize. I had the misfortune of dealing with that guy years ago on a set of upper control arms. One of the arms was improperly made and I wanted a new set. He told me a line just like what you were told. I threw them in the garbage and have told everyone since what a liar and crook this Ron Jenkins guy is. If a guy will shaft one person, he'll do it to anyone, if the opportunity presents. I've always wished I could meet up with him some day with no witnesses around, and see what kind of smart mouth comments he'd make then. Many of the custom parts vendors are good people with good products that they stand behind, but there are a few like him that really make a person leery. Anyway, I hope you are able to sort out your problems satisfactorily. The Romans had it right from 2000 years ago; caveat emptor; let the buyer beware.

I have changed out several "wider" k frames.....reused most of the major expensive components....rack, coilocers, etc
HDK has an adjustable track width of approx 58" vs the 61" of the other guys.

PM or E-mail me if interested. Shame to have such a trick, fast car and a front end that is too wide.

Denny
HDK
[email protected]

That sucks you had that trouble. I've ordered from Magnumforce a few times and plan to again in the future. I worked with Clint and he was an awesome informed and enthusiastic guy.I busted my d side ball joint and decided it was a good time to upgrade- I ordered their Lowered spindles, 12.19 Wilwood disc brakes with 4 piston caliper and drilled and slotted rotors,steel brake lines and bushed tubular upper control arms- He gave me a fair price and made sure I had everything I needed. Every came on time and looked awesome. I was really young at the time and felt like some sort of super race car bad ***, none of my friends had every upgraded their suspension much less did the drum to disc conversion. Everything went together awesome and after I put my new wheels and tires on I was on cloud 9!!My Duster had a nice forward rake and a amazing looking front end. I loved it. A year or two later I broke my upper control arm( I drive like a motherfucker and Think that considering how I treated it and it lasting that long is a testament to how well made there products are) I called Clint, told him what happened and after talking with him I decided I wanted to go for the full tubular rack with the motor plate and all ( 5k worth of Mopar hotrod badassery) but I needed to save so for now I just needed one control arm- He cut me a a fair deal sent it out and was a stand up guy the whole time, polite enthusiastic and honest. I have only great things to say about them. I say if you would be interested in giving them a second chance ask for Clint and deal with him maybe?

I don't know what to comment about the brakes. I think maybe both parties could have done a little more to avoid that but there really are not enough details to know. I'm glad you are ok. In terms of the fender, I do not know how much research you did but on there web site, if you order from there it clearly states that the spindles are lowered spindles, I don't know how the width of the system, I am assuming you got the Tubular K member rack set up because the link you provided goes to amazon.com and show a bunch of air intakes. but if you do have to lowered spindles( I bet you do) you would need a tire with more back spacing.I have 8in wide tire on my duster and they fit perfect, I did hammer in the lip on the fender just in case bit, I also have low profile tire though.........

I have changed out several "wider" k frames.....reused most of the major expensive components....rack, coilocers, etc
HDK has an adjustable track width of approx 58" vs the 61" of the other guys.

PM or E-mail me if interested. Shame to have such a trick, fast car and a front end that is too wide.

Denny
HDK
[email protected]

Denny can you tell me the stock width of the frontend where the wheels bolt to the rotor surface to rotor surface please

Thanks Mike

Denny can you tell me the stock width of the frontend where the wheels bolt to the rotor surface to rotor surface please

Thanks Mike

Sorry... maybe someone else has it....I think it us somewhere around 59".

I just do not remember and I am not even close to my shop manuals.

From Yahoo Answers.

I can only assume that the "Track Front Wheels" is the hub-to-hub measurement.

1967 - 1969 Dodge Dart Dimensions are the same for all 3 models
The DART, DART 270, and DART GT.
Wheelbase 111"
Length 195.4"
Width 69.7"
Track Front Wheels 57.4"
Rear Wheels 55.6"

From Yahoo Answers.

I can only assume that the "Track Front Wheels" is the hub-to-hub measurement.

1967 - 1969 Dodge Dart Dimensions are the same for all 3 models
The DART, DART 270, and DART GT.
Wheelbase 111"
Length 195.4"
Width 69.7"
Track Front Wheels 57.4"
Rear Wheels 55.6"

Track width is NOT a hub to hub measurement. It's center of tire to center of tire, and therefore includes the backspace of the wheels. It can be the same as the hub to hub measurement if it's set with zero offset rims, but it isn't necessarily the same.

Also, that spec only lists one measurement for all Darts that year. It doesn't say if it's for a drum or disk car, and those numbers may not be the same for both.

From what i've read Riley motorsports is the one to buy..

From what i've read Riley motorsports is the one to buy..

got one on my fastback, so far no prob., have talked to clint about an upgrade in the past, (which I havent done yet) very nice to talk to, and seemed willing to help . just my 2 cents--bob

At the mopar rally show at De Anza college last year I thought I was going to get to see Ron Jenkins get layed out by a very unhappy customer who was letting everyone know how big of a pile of **** his front end was. I believe it was a roadrunner, and he said that after spending 8k on it he took it to another shop here in the bay area and had it all taken out and re-done.

I was standing there when Ron confronted him, and he told Ron he's going to tell everyone he can how big of a POS his product was. He didn't like hearing that to say the least lol.

-
Back