MAGNUM FORCE SUSPENTIONS

-
I again THANK eveyone for their opinons and links for alternative options.
This is a great site with valuable info provided WITH OUT the degrading comment a person can recieve on 'other' Forums.

Also why I popped for the Gold Membership to suppot this site !!!

Thank All of you !!!
Ken

I agree, I talk
I utilize HDK on my cars. The fit and performance is unparalleled. And if you have any question at all you get to talk to the owner himself (Denny) he will patiently answer your millions of questions. Ask me how I know. His actual passion for the sport and genuine determination to do what is best for your car has been proven over and over again on this Forum. By same token the previous advice reference asking Trublu is solid in the event you go torsion. He is yet another wealth of knowledge and experience. JMHO

I talked to him , he is well informed and great to talk to/nice guy , knows his stuff. The only reason I didn`t change over , was cost and didnt want to go to a tierod tube type oil pan, used to run one on the hemi , and hated it . I dislike the front /middle sump mopar pans too .

The Magnum Force stories are horrifying.
For the majority of my pre-purchase time on FBBO, regarding many posts and a few threads I started about my "upcoming front and rear suspension" modifications, I was "certain" I was going to do a triangulated 4 link rear, and I wanted a rack and pinion front suspension, but the big departure from the factory engineering design, the cost, and my primary uses for my car ultimately led to what I did: All QA1 front suspension, including the K-member, EXCEPT for the UCAs which are SPC. I had been told too many times by skilled, knowledgeable, experienced "old school" front end alignment techs that "I didn't have enough adjustment in my upper control arms to get my alignment dialed in to perfection"..
Well, the QA1 UCAs weren't going to help, thus the SPCs. I suggest Bergman for advice on the older (like I have) SPCs that he modifies for Mopar specific use. Although I got my SPCs direct, and for Mopar, Bergman has some ju-ju he does that I would have selected if I'd have known. He can explain the difference. SPC has new and improved UCAs now, and while double the cost of mine, they may be worth it for your application.
The other thing I mentioned was my "certainty" I was going with a triangulated 4 link, and my only decision was GERST or RMS. I actually decided to do Calvert split mono leaf springs and sliders, Smith Racecraft Assassin traction bars, and Viking Warrior XS (Xtreme Street) shocks that are triple adjustable. So many on FBBO had insisted that they were running as low as 9s on leafs, that installation would be less intrusive on my V-Code (minor factor), but the main thing is I was concerned a 4 link would leave me with too many things to adjust and I'd never get it right.

BE AWARE!!
Just had the torque link slide off the tubular sway bar for the second time. First it was the right side (@70mph) and this time the left side (@15MPH). The torque link seems to vibrate loose no matter how tight the pinch bolts are, it's a really bad design. Luckily other than tie rod adjusters and turnbuckles no damage has been done. Im going to weld plates with nuts into the tubular sway bar to clamp the torque link so it cannot vibrate off again.

IMG_1231.jpeg

BE AWARE!!
Just had the torque link slide off the tubular sway bar for the second time. First it was the right side (@70mph) and this time the left side (@15MPH). The torque link seems to vibrate loose no matter how tight the pinch bolts are, it's a really bad design. Luckily other than tie rod adjusters and turnbuckles no damage has been done. Im going to weld plates with nuts into the tubular sway bar to clamp the torque link so it cannot vibrate off again.

View attachment 1716006434
More bad news. Are you going to send them pics?

I don't have one ( coil over set ups ), but if I was going to put one on my car it would either be a HDK or Reilly Motorsports. no way I would ever bolt that Magnumfarce crap on anything I own.
This ^^^^^ is also my impression. Were I to stray from the stock suspension, Magnum Force would not be on my list. I have no direct experience, but I've witnessed plenty of it. None good.

stay far away from those guys.. years and years of horror stories with that system if you look around the net.. early on they had welds breaking. all along they have serious geometry issues. if you want the best and most proven tube R/P set up out there right now then give bill at RMS a call.. Front Suspension
What Joe said ^^^^^^

Here is the latest re: Magnum Force. I just had the left side toque link slip off the splined end of the tubular sway bar (on the road at 10mph). Broke the tie rod adjuster and bent the heim turnbuckle. It's a bad design, the cars harmonic causes the sway bar link to dis-associate itself from the rest of the suspension. I'm going to pull the sway bar assembly and modify the tubular bar to capture the links so they can't slide off of the tubular bar. I'll post pictures when its done.

IMG_1231.jpeg

If I wasn't building the Charger and if the front suspensions weren't so expensive that is exactly what I would do, I'd be talking to Denny.

-
Back