Magnum questions...

-

sledger46

Reaction score
Looking through Craig's List I found a 320HP, 360 Magnum, crate engine for sale. I went and took a look and have several questions based on what I saw.

First off the engine had a zero balance flexplate on it. Did Chrysler have specially weighted torque converters for Magnums or did they typically come with a weighted flexplate and zero balance converters?

Second: Did the 320HP 360 crate motors come with conical valve springs or did they come with traditional valve springs?

I hear there were a lot of variations with the 320HP, 360 Magnum, crate engines over the years, so do the things I pointed out seem plausible?
Thanks,

You can get a factory weighted 5.9 flexplate at a junkyard for ~$35. Also, since the lower hp Magnum is just a stock factory longblock, it would come with the stock beehive springs.

By the way,add a RPM air gap/M1, a mild hyd roller,and matching valve springs. Make 375 to 400 h.p.,dead smooth /slightly rumpy idle.Food for thought.

By the way,add a RPM air gap/M1, a mild hyd roller,and matching valve springs. Make 375 to 400 h.p.,dead smooth /slightly rumpy idle.Food for thought.

I did get the M1 dual plane in the deal. I need to come up with a mid sump oil pan and the proper weighted flex plate. What years should I be quoting to get the correct flex plate?

What is the diameter of the valve spring retainer on a stock magnum head? I am trying to determine if these heads already have upgraded springs.

Springs would be beehive style stock.Check out Hughes 1110 springs,matching retainers.96,97 on up.Weighted so you can run a standard converter .Check out Professional Products,for a harmonic balancer,comes with a Magnum weight to mount.Standard 360 oil pan works .

-
Back