Man is this spindell toast.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
have a look let me know what you think.:angry7: the left one does not look like this.

100_1770.jpg

Ouch! Bearing failure or a BFH? It looks like toast to me but hopefully someone else will have better news.

It could be fixed, but, it would more than likely cost more than finding a replacement.

I'd call it toast.

I don't see any signs of over heating. The seal area is pretty pitted but if the bearing slides on OK and isn't loose in the scored area I would use it until I could find a replacement.

What you do that for man! LOL

I would run it until the cows come home. If the bearing will go on without any trouble.

Like was said already, as long as the bearing slides on and isnt loose it should be fine to run on until you come across a new spindle and have the time to swap them out. Just make sure that bad spot is nice and smooth and doesnt have even the smallest burs and you should be good.

man the right side of this 40 year old car has had it tough.first the upper controll arm was toast the lower controll arm bushing was toast now the spindell maybe toast.good thing i am rebuilding the front end.with all this i cant believe the front tires had no wear problims.Spring cruising is not looking good .

Is that from the same side you had a bent torsion link? Something for sure not right, how's the control arms (upper/lower) and bushings?

That looks to me like someone missed the bearing trying to hammer it off.
I would be more concerned about it being bent then anything.

If the inner race of the bearing sits on it snug, I'd run it also.

When the inner race gets siezed to the shaft it may take a side grinder to get it off. Not supposed to grind into the spindle though. Looks like that's what happened. I couldn't run that spindle simply cause it would worry me to death.
My theory is , That fryed bearing is what caused the wreck and further damage.

340 all bushing upper and lower on booth sides are worn out.looks like that front end has never been rebuilt.as for the strut rod not sure what side it came from.your spot on Red that would worry me to.i ordered a bunch of frontend parts even a good used strut rod thismorning,looks like anouther call is needed.

-
Back