Manual Brake push rod needed

-

Plumcrazyfreak

Reaction score
Where can I purchase a Master cylinder push rod and rubber seal for a 70 Duster ?

Thanks

The little O-ring usually comes with a remanufactured master cylinder, usually I get a MC for a 73 Dart, Drum/Disk, manual.

Manual pushrods are different than power pushrods. Drums/disk manual ones are the same as drum/drum manual ones.

I have one, $25 shipping from NJ. Blasted clean...rust inhibitor coated.

Mike

Are all of the manual pushrods the same, then? I mean, is a '70 Duster the same as a '74 Dart Swinger the same as a '67 Valiant, as long as they are manual and not power brakes? It doesnt matter if they are drum/drum or drum/disc?

Are all of the manual pushrods the same, then? I mean, is a '70 Duster the same as a '74 Dart Swinger the same as a '67 Valiant, as long as they are manual and not power brakes? It doesnt matter if they are drum/drum or drum/disc?

yup they even interchange back to 1966,,maybe back to 62 i would think,but not sure. you can buy a adjustable push rod from mancini,,but it wil need to be cut down,, at its smallest adjustment its still too long

Great! Thanks Fastfish66. I am converting over from drum to disc on the front, but staying with manual brakes instead of going to power brakes, and I thought I would have to change the pushrod. Instead, I'll just switch the master cylinder for a drum/disc one (reservoirs different sizes) instead of the drum/drum one I have now (reservoirs the same size) - unless I am mistaken, it should match up to the 4 bolts already there and it will work fine?

-
Back