Manual Master Cylinder Conversion

-

MOPARJ

What can I upgrade now?
Reaction score
I am looking to change my 73 Duster over from power brakes to manual brakes. It has front discs and rear drums. Is there a kit made by anyone in particular or a way to make the swap with certain pieces? I am tired of the unslightliness of the power brake booster and master cylinder.

I got the whole kit from master power .( did bolt pattern change)
But you could just go with the master cylinder .
I like mine it doesn't take a lot of force to stop but still feels plenty strong.
I hardly notice any differrence between my manual brakes and my power brake daily driver.

Get a manual master cylinder, re-route the lines and make sure you have the right pedal rod.

Shouldn't be much more than that.

Don't have a 73 parts book, to see what is different.

Get a manual master cylinder, re-route the lines and make sure you have the right pedal rod.

Shouldn't be much more than that.

Don't have a 73 parts book, to see what is different.

Rob,

Could I just slightly bend the lines back and connec them into the new master cylinder? Also, would you think that the pushrod would be available at a parts store, such as Napa?

I just wonder if the bolt pattern will line up correctly on the new manual master cylinder, without modification to the firewall.

I would just bend your lines to mate up. Master should have the same bolt pattern as the PB booster.

I know there is an adjustable rod available. If you were close, we could fab one up.

You will need a '73 manual disc brake master cylinder and a pushrod. You can either use the adjustable pushrod (Mancini) or try the local dealership for the '73 manual pushrod. And yes, you can bend your existing lines to fit if they are not too rusty. Hope this helps.

I would just bend your lines to mate up. Master should have the same bolt pattern as the PB booster.

I know there is an adjustable rod available. If you were close, we could fab one up.

Damn, I was 3/4 of the way to your place last weekend. I was in Riverside.

here is my 73 duster with manual master cylinder....used to have power brakes.

bought mopar master cylinder and adapter...got a manual push rod.

just bend the lines to line up with new master cylinder

-
Back