Manual to Power Conversion on a /6

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I want to add power steering to my 66 Dart /6. Can anyone post pics of their power steering components installed or not for this setup. I have a steering box and a pump which I believe will work, but I'm most interested in the brackets and crank pulley I think.

Thanks for any help!!

The bracket depends on what pump you are using.

#-o Sorry, How stupid of me. Here are a couple pics of the pump I'd like to use if it will work.

Attachments

• Dart 66 Vert 017.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 250
  • Dart 66 Vert 018.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 252
Do you have the power steering colum ? You will need it because its shorter than the manual. Also the crank pulley (or damper) will need to have the extra pulley ( unless it has A/C).
Frank

So, is the P/S pump pictured okay and does anyone have pics of the brackets and pulley I need?

Do you have the power steering colum ? You will need it because its shorter than the manual. Also the crank pulley (or damper) will need to have the extra pulley ( unless it has A/C).
Frank

Yes, I have the longer shaft that we'll swap over to the existing column. Thanks for chiming in Frank.

Someone has to have pics of an early A-Body /6 with power steering.

Even just a pic of the brackets would help :poke:

#-o Sorry, How stupid of me. Here are a couple pics of the pump I'd like to use if it will work.

i will be pulling my motor out today that has the P/S pulley. i switched to manual so i dont need it.

what a fair price? off a 68 dart

i'll even sand blast and paint it black for ya if u want haha

i will be pulling my motor out today that has the P/S pulley. i switched to manual so i dont need it.

what a fair price? off a 68 dart

i'll even sand blast and paint it black for ya if u want haha

Hey, that would be great. I wonder if 68 and 66 will interchange? I'll send you a PM.

here are the picks sorry it took so long
and the rusty pully isn't the one u'd be getting, the one off my motor is nice

Attachments

• 100_3694.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 100_3695.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 177
Thanks so much for your help 805. Your pump looks different than mine......I'm so confused LOL :help:. If your pulley will work, yes I'm interested.

Here is an older pic of Nikkis 66 when we first got it and before we pulled the motor and detailed everything...

100_4756.jpg

Thanks so much for your help 805. Your pump looks different than mine......I'm so confused LOL :help:. If your pulley will work, yes I'm interested.

mite be if u want u can come by tomarrow the 31st and check it out. pm me if u want

Here is an older pic of Nikkis 66 when we first got it and before we pulled the motor and detailed everything...

JR.....Thank you so much for the pic. That will help a bunch......It's been like pulling teeth for someone to post P/S pics for an early A with a slanty :toothy10:

its blasted for ya

Great talking with you today and look forward to meeting up!! Thank you very much :-D

still on for saturday after 2??

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and /6 parts :-D. We'll talk again this week and it was great to meet you.

P/S coming on my 66.......:happy10:

-
Back