march performance pulley kit

-

1969moparDART

Reaction score
i am looking at a pulley kit and the only requirement is ''Water pump flange to damper face measurement 4 1/2" '' so i need to know how to measure that before i buy the kit

Stick a straight edge on the WP flange and let it hang down to the damper face and measure the offset.

If you are running a stock damper I can't imagine why they would need the measurement. Aftermarket dampers can be thicker and will throw off pulley alignment.

Still trying to figure out why you started a different thread on pulleys, and left everyone hanging ?
Many members took the time to respond to you, and then Crickets.
Its kind of hard to help you, if you cant answer a couple pertinent questions.
Out of courtesy, you should check out your pulley thread, and respond.
Cheers

Buy the correct factory set and stop messing around with the guessing game. I have one for sale, PM me.

Jake
i am looking at a pulley kit and the only requirement is ''Water pump flange to damper face measurement 4 1/2" '' so i need to know how to measure that before i buy the kit

Buy the correct factory set and stop messing around with the guessing game. I have one for sale, PM me.

Jake
No offense man but all the " factory stuff " that I keep trying to get isn't working so I'm getting a whole set of pulleys instead of this one at a time thing, but thanks anyway

Still trying to figure out why you started a different thread on pulleys, and left everyone hanging ?
Many members took the time to respond to you, and then Crickets.
Its kind of hard to help you, if you cant answer a couple pertinent questions.
Out of courtesy, you should check out your pulley thread, and respond.
Cheers
I keep losing permission to talk on them for some reason, I have tried to pm all the people that have been helping me

No offense man but all the " factory stuff " that I keep trying to get isn't working so I'm getting a whole set of pulleys instead of this one at a time thing, but thanks anyway
Then you are doing something wrong. If you have the factory set then what’s wrong? You have a factory 383 Pulley and a slant six water pump Pulley??? Who told you you have the right setup?

Jake

Then you are doing something wrong. If you have the factory set then what’s wrong? You have a factory 383 Pulley and a slant six water pump Pulley??? Who told you you have the right setup?

Jake
I'm trying to run a belt (a meaning 1 on the whole thing) from crank to alt to water pump and I needed a deeper water pump pulley so I got "the correct one" an it was hitting my crankshaft pulley so I got " the correct one" again and now it won't line up so I'm tired of spending money on the wrong parts I am just going to skip my in between step and go to the pulley kit and brackets I wanted to have eventually anyway

You are getting the wrong parts, because you aren't answering a couple very important questions.
Off the top of my head, you have a 69 Dart, with a 72 318. The water pumps are different, thus so are the pulleys. Capich ? Go back to the thread you started.

I keep losing permission to talk on them for some reason, I have tried to pm all the people that have been helping me

Huh...Loosing permission to talk ?
Never heard of such a thing.
Finish what you started on your other thread.

Huh...Loosing permission to talk ?
Never heard of such a thing.
Finish what you started on your other thread.
I know they are different and I clarified that in pm so no need to be rude, I will continue taking help and advice from those who are willing to help and not be rude about it, why comment here if you aren’t even going to try to help? I also have no time for anybody that calls me a liar so go have a nice day in somebody else’s thread

I know they are different and I clarified that in pm so no need to be rude, I will continue taking help and advice from those who are willing to help and not be rude about it, why comment here if you aren’t even going to try to help? I also have no time for anybody that calls me a liar so go have a nice day in somebody else’s thread

What in the world are you talking about ?
Have you even read the thread you started on pulleys ?
I did nothing but try to help you ! The problem hear, is you cant seem to answer a couple of easy questions, so we can help you. You are your own worst enemy. Lol
You have to help us help you Dig ?
Anyways, I'll bow out.
I would rather listen to finger nails on a chalk board, than deal with you.
Good luck Dude

Last edited:
I will consider my question answered, thank you yellow rose for the help and not just criticizing me.

When I bought my march pulleys i had trouble getting a crank pulley that was correct. I am running a fluidampr so the pulley had to be shorter. The first try was my fault, the second time they sent the wrong one and the third time was a charm.
Its tough piecing together a set of pulleys from original ones unless you know exactly what your looking for.

When I bought my march pulleys i had trouble getting a crank pulley that was correct. I am running a fluidampr so the pulley had to be shorter. The first try was my fault, the second time they sent the wrong one and the third time was a charm.
Its tough piecing together a set of pulleys from original ones unless you know exactly what your looking for.
well im running stock balancer so i think that the kit i am looking at will work fine , but for sake of sake what do you know what pulley you ended up getting? thanks

29518-36 is the water pump pulley you need. Wow that was super hard to find. Maybe 2 mins on the Web.

If you don't want help pull this post & fumble with it on your own. :thumbsup:

the help i dont mind its the smart *** manner that everyone is talking to me with that i dont like im not a 12 year old

This is a easy job. Ask for the part numbers. You will get the correct answers from us. This is a 3 post question. Not 25 posts.

Is the crank pulley further out than the water pump pulley? If so, and the engine has been 'into', then it is possible that the damper has not been pulled all the way onto the crank snout.

The damper bolt torque spec is 135 ft lbs and you need to get to that torque for the damper to do its job, and if someone did not torque it down, then the damper might be setting out too far and throwing the crank pulley off.

Is the crank pulley further out than the water pump pulley? If so, and the engine has been 'into', then it is possible that the damper has not been pulled all the way onto the crank snout.

The damper bolt torque spec is 135 ft lbs and you need to get to that torque for the damper to do its job, and if someone did not torque it down, then the damper might be setting out too far and throwing the crank pulley off.
i didnt think about that man i will take a look when i get home thanks for the info man

If you haven't already plunked down the money, check out the pulley kits from CVF Racing. Cheaper than March, fit perfectly, and really good quality. They can help with any questions you have, too. I have them on my 340.

If you haven't already plunked down the money, check out the pulley kits from CVF Racing. Cheaper than March, fit perfectly, and really good quality. They can help with any questions you have, too. I have them on my 340.
i will give them a look see, thanks man

-
Back