Marshal Tucker Band

-

ram45red

Reaction score
Got to go see those Tucker Boys play again Friday night at the Strawberry Festivle in Fort Mill SC. Got to meet and chat with Doug Gray the lead singer after the show. Even got his autograph for my daughter. She collects old rock and roll memorabila of all kinds. Had a real good time. They said that there was 20'000 people there. There was a hell of a crowd and we were wright up front within fifteen feet of the stage.

I would love to have seen Toy Caldwell with them. He was a great gutiarist and songwriter. Love to see people support live music.

My wife and I have been going to see them whenever they are close for the 25 years that we have been together so we have seen them all. Sandy

They used to play in Macon all the time at a place called the Hayloft. I was too young to get in, but I did it anyway. lol Toy had the fastest thumb I've ever seen. All the lead you hear him play was done with just his thumb. Hard to imagine but I was lucky enough to see it a lot growin up. He was somethin else.

Thats pretty cool rustyratrod. I have watched some old footage of him and you are right it is just amazing he could use his thumb that way.

First concert I ever went to . 1980 Atlanta Rythem section opened . Toy Caldwell was there but Tommy had just past from a jeep roll over accident . What a great show !!

I'll never forget my first concert. Got to see the Eagles and Blue Oyster Cult together at Elpaso Texas in 1979 while I was stationed at Fort Bliss for Air Defence Traing in the Army.

That had to be a great concert
I still have all my albums of the Marshal Tucker Band and some 8 track some where........ I don't think I have ever seen them, if I did they was with another band I went to go see back in the day (1975) and forgot, I bet I never have because I would remember this great band.

I will never forget this song and still try and play it

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKNTE1CTyzQ"]Marshall Tucker Band - Heard It In A Love Song - YouTube[/ame]

Mike, thanks for posting the video. I don't know how many times I've heard that song and never realized it had a flute in it.

Mike, thanks for posting the video. I don't know how many times I've heard that song and never realized it had a flute in it.

Glad you enjoyed it R4Sedan :color: Yep they use a flute in allot of there songs and if we are lucky enough we would have a good lead guitar player try and do the flute lead you hear with a guitar :coffee2:

Doug Gray used to race at Greer Dragway back in the day. He had a Nova that was an IHRA record holder. It had Marshall Tucker Band on the side of it, and also said "Makin and breakin records!" He was always a nice guy to talk to...never uppity or anything. :prayer:

They used to play in Macon all the time at a place called the Hayloft. I was too young to get in, but I did it anyway. lol Toy had the fastest thumb I've ever seen. All the lead you hear him play was done with just his thumb. Hard to imagine but I was lucky enough to see it a lot growin up. He was somethin else.

Yeah, that thumb's crazy isn't it?.... wow, what a player..............
another thumb picker that i loved is johnny winter, he used a thumb pick..........wow, another awesome player....
higgs

-
Back