Master Cyl fittings....

-

Cuda416

Reaction score
Got a new MC (NMC11145) and the front port is listed as being 9/16-18. So, ordered some 9/16-18 fittings for 3/16 line. Seems simple enough. Problem is NONE of the fittings fit. This is the second MC because we thought the MC had munched threads. To verify, I brought to the local NAPA and they found a brass fitting adapter that fit, but was the wrong configuration. Thread size was 9/16-18. The damn thing fit perfectly. Put the brass fittings threads against the steel ones I bought and they don't fit. The stinking threads are different which is why the steel ones (everyone of them from three different sources) only go in about 1/2 way. The steel thread count seems lower just a hair...

I need a solution to this that isn't going to take a week to get parts and I'd prefer it NOT look like a Rube Goldberg machine..... The boy shops out in less than 4 weeks.

-C

Hmm, most installations I have seen use a brass adapter on the port so that both brake lines have the same fittings. I don't know if this was factory or just convenient when replacing the brake lines. However, the replacement brake line I bought from Fine Lines had the correct size fitting on it.

I just did my 66 Wagon and the adapter you need is one with 9/16-20 male and 3/8-24 female.

I got mine at Advance auto. P/N BLF- 27C.
Auto zone same part number.

Wow that is a lot of info, but we are missing more info then we have.

What car?
What year?
Factory front discs?

My 67 dart with factory front disc brakes has two brass fittings on each port. The front most port fitting has a larger diameter brake line fitting that goes into it as compared to the rear most pot fitting
IMG_20200817_212335.jpg
IMG_20200817_212318.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that is a lot of info, but we are missing more info then we have.

What car?
What year?
Factory front discs?

My 67 dart with factory front disc brakes has two brass fittings on each port. The front most port fitting has a larger diameter brake line fitting that goes into it as compared to the rear most pot fitting
View attachment 1715656000 View attachment 1715656002

Nothing on this car is factory at this point.

65 Valiant
5.9 Magnum/904
FMJ Front disc setup
Factory rear drums (for now, will change to Ford 8.8 rear w/discs)
PB/MC w 15/16 bore from a 74 A body.

I'll look at getting a brass adapter and swap the front line fitting to fit the adapter.

-C

-
Back