Math & I never got along.....

-
You talking about this?

"Degrees R" is temperature in F added to 460 and they are assuming 75* F

Absolute pressure is atmospheric pressure and they are assuming 14.7 so with 10 psi boost they are adding 10psi boost to 14.7 to get 24.7

You plug the no's into the formula, do the math inside the parenthesis first, then run the exponent (.283) and last multiply X the 535 in the example, which gave me 619.635 (They rounded to 620)

Then the easy way is to have a calculator that will deal with the .283 exponent. In linux it's called "mate-calc" and the function is x to the y power. I don't know how to display that on the keyboard (See screenshot at bottom of page.) You may have to Google around and download a better calculator from what MS supplies

Then, last, subtract 460 from the 620 and that gets you back to the outlet temp of 160, and for the "rise" that's simply the difference in outlet vs inlet, so you subtract the original inlet (75) from 160 to get the rise figure of 85F

Attachments

• trise.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 270
  • calc.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 268
It's for Linux. Like I say, with MS Windows, you'll probably need to search around for one that will do that exponent trick.

On Windows calculator click view and there is a choice of standard or scientific.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfq5kju627c"]Ma & Pa Kettle Math - YouTube[/ame]

I spent so much time running those numbers, I built an excel spreadsheet to do it for me.

-
Back