Max Wedge "sixteen Pack"

-

340wedge1971

Reaction score
I bought a copy of "MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE" today (May 2010 issue),on page 66,they have an article named "EXPOSED!",its about a max wedge manifold that they "produced' that had quad 4 barrels(16 pack).very interesting article.anybody out there have a chance to check it out?

Yep, I checked it out. Not the first time I've seen it though.

4 4bbl 2.jpg

I believe it was an experimental piece that Chrysler was going to run on a max wedge car at the Bonneville salt flats to set a record.

Yeah I saw that and looks like someone has the mold to make a few more-cha-ching!!!

I'd hate to tune those suckers, hell I can barely tune a single.

I saw that too. The Chrysler engineers all say they didn`t produce it. (?) Way cool!

That same issue though had a picture I could relate to. The last page of Mopar Muscle always has a retro picture and that particular issue had a picture of Richard Petty taking the checkered flag at Daytona in `71. The cool thing about that was.......... I was there. Thanks Dad!

Man, I'd rather try to tune four, two-barrel webers than that set up. :) It'd probably haul *** once done right though.

I've been around Mopars for over 35 years and I have never seen this.XTREMELY COOL!!!

-
Back