May Auto Enthusiast Women of Mopar

-
That was a well written and very entertaining article. I am glad that the emotional attachments came through in print. Well done and the best to you and your business.

P.S. I am happy that you quit working for lawyers and left the Dark Side.

Told ya I wasn't any good at colour co-ordination. :evil4:
Maybe bright red to match the shoes???

Wylde1.

I'm laughing so hard right now ........ :-D Red will be fine G.

That was a well written and very entertaining article. I am glad that the emotional attachments came through in print. Well done and the best to you and your business.

P.S. I am happy that you quit working for lawyers and left the Dark Side.

FISH, thank you. What I'm delighted about is that someone actually took the time to read my story and enjoyed it! I can easily tell you read my original because there is very little emotion, no mention of lawyers and not a single reference to my business or the way life has changed in the other one. I could reach through the monitor and kiss ya right now. :love7:

Lee, was that 340 from the paper or was it one of Bernie's spares?

I can still remember when you called me and said .........." Hey neighbor, listen to THIS!!!!"

Russ.

In fact, I'd like to buy some extra copies from other FABO members if my local CVS Pharmacy is only going to have two or three on the shelf. It would be terrific to get a copy for each of the people on my Thank You List and a stack to have on hand for car show appearances and stuff. I can't afford 500 of them LOL but some extras would be terrific.

Please give me a head's up here if you're interested in picking up an extra for me so I can keep track. Thanks ya'll!!!

Leanna, I stopped at 2 CVS stores today looking for these and didn't see any...... I think you told me they'd be in the stores on the 15th? I'd be happy to pick up a couple for you if I can find them. Of course, you'll have to return 1 of them to me with an autograph :)

Congrats to you and well deserved for Slimer. She's a pretty one 8)

good job Representing one our most respected members Dave Thank You!!!
66 - maybe I wont get any more FABO members in print since I you think I dont have a clue what I'm doing.

I do this for fun and I also do it to get people who deserve the exposure. Your welcome to apply for the job if you think you can do better.

I cant believe ya stuck my name on there Lol :cheers: Made My day!!! so can we get an updated parts needed list?????ya just never know what might be layin around our shops rusting into the ground.....Know what I mean Vern? or is that vernette??? :toothy10:

I cant believe ya stuck my name on there Lol :cheers: Made My day!!! so can we get an updated parts needed list?????ya just never know what might be layin around our shops rusting into the ground.....Know what I mean Vern? or is that vernette??? :toothy10:

Curtis, I included everybody who's helped with something whether it be traded parts, rare farmed out work or a passenger side mirror showing up from Slanty Claus. Without you guys my car wouldn't be what it is today.

The needed list is so short now I don't even have one anymore. 20 or so clips to hold the fastback side panel carpeting trim on, find the time to install the exhaust setup I got for Christmas, and get it tagged. I also need to pull most of the interior back out and do it the right way -- it was a mad crunch to get it presentable for the photo shoot for the magazine deadline last August.

Thanks for the kudos!

Congrats Leanna--- who would have thought?? You da-bomb girl!!!! :toothy10:

Thanks Paul!

With all the weather related excitement and clean up the last couple of days, I forgot to tell ya'll I snatched up the only five copies of the May issue they had at my semi-local CVS Pharmacy on Tuesday. I didn't realize it was such a large, hefty publication -- six bucks apiece!

As she rung up my order, "Oh, I see you're going to be reading a lot ... [scan, scan, scan] ... of the same magazine???" James, who accompanied me on my trip to Union City, opened one up and showed her why. Before we were done with the transaction, we were all singing that old Dr. Hook song .............

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ux3-a9RE1Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ux3-a9RE1Q[/ame]

They're not ALL for my mother, but I'm sure she'll get one. :toothy7: Even with the embarrassingly wrong photo credits and oft-seen profile pictures they chose for the article, I still have to say it's pretty cool to see yourself in a magazine for the first time.

Special thanks go out to Goldfish65 for going out of his way and sending me four copies of the May issue! What a wonderful gesture David ... it makes me proud to have friends like you. I appreciate your help and goodwill very much.

Special thanks go out to Goldfish65 for going out of his way and sending me four copies of the May issue! What a wonderful gesture David ... it makes me proud to have friends like you. I appreciate your help and goodwill very much.

You're welcome Leanna, glad I got to share in the excitement.

On a side note, I'm thinking the reason your business wasn't mentioned in the article is because the magazine doesn't want to give free advertising while they are charging other businesses for advertising space....

Every single reference to powder coating in any manner -- even as a hobby -- was edited out of my story David.

I didn't put it in my original submittal to try to sneak in some free advertising. My life changed so drastically after the hurricane that I was faced with entering a new line of work or "enjoying" a 2-hour daily commute in a 30 year old car. It was an important decision that's definitely affected the build of my Barracuda mainly because I no longer pull down decent money working for lawyers and I thought it appropriate to include it.
The editorial staff chose otherwise.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply you were trying to sneak in free advertising, not at all! Pm sent! :sad:

No, I'm the one who's sorry. This is supposed to be a positive thing and my reply was anything but that. Long hours and lots of stress the last couple weeks hasn't helped my cause LOL ... I'm sorry for the catty response and I'm going to bed. :-D

-
Back