Maybe my car was built on a Friday!

-

Mopar-Man

Big Block Better Burnout
Reaction score
Man, was just going to fix the floors and lay down some new carpet but like everything else I touch I go way to far. I noticed the seam sealer on the floor was loose in places and could just pop it out with a flat tipped screwdriver. Underneath was surface rust since it lost it's adhesion decades ago. So out it all comes! What a mess, good thing I have a shop vac. It will all be replaced with 3M Seam Sealer grey like we use in our body shop.

Now the title of this thread...

You ought to see the welds on this car! Holy cow a lot of them completely missed and are just random blobs of wire. I have broken off plenty of wire because it kinda hurts when you run it into your hand. LOL. Also found some huge gaps where the floor meets the kickpanels and they just blobbed some foam in there. Pretty funny.

Not uncommon, was talking to a friend in the hanger I work at, who also restores cars and was saying that most cars today are over restored. Body panel fitment, welding, paint, etc. factory back in the day was not as good as you see on " correct " restorations today. That is why I like the survivor cars, to see how it actually was back in the day.

Their sealer didn't bond to paint very well. Most of it will jump right off.
My 67 fish has a terrible scratch in the right front floor. Easy to tell the seam sealer nozzle was dragged and not lifted. Night shift build? Good luck with yours

-
Back