Maybe This Is To New But Need Help

-

66VALIANT

Reaction score
HEy, guys i need help. i got a 92 dakota with a 5.2. every couple of days especcially when its cold or lots of moisture in the air it doesnt want to start. when i hit the key it will just click sometimes it wont even do that it takes about 4 times for it to start sometimes its faster if you put it in neutral????? I NEED HELP. this isnt fun when i gotta get to school and im frezzin my A## of . thanks

Does it turn over but just wont start? After turning it over for a LONG time then it will start? Had this problem with my RAM P/U. Problem was the coil. Had hard starting in damp cold weather. There were fine hairline cracks in the coil's epoxy and any type of moisture caused the hard start. Hope this helps?

Is the starter or the relay making the clicking noise? Check for 12 volts at the starter solenoid when trying to crank,if you have power there,it's probably the starter,if not,check the starter relay.I've seen the solenoids collect moisture and then the cold weather aggravates the problem.Let me know if this helps.Oh,and check all your battery cables first!

-
Back