Measurements of radio opening in dash for a 1967 Barracuda?

-

Capecodcuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to correct my butchered dash frame for the radio opening. Could someone please provide measurements of the radio opening in the metal dash frame? Basically, I'd like to know the measurements of the rectangular opening (I think it might be 4-1/4" wide but I don't know the height), the diameter of the knob holes and the distance apart of the knob holes (center to center). I've circled the area on the attached picture I got off the internet.

Thanks for any help!
Steve

cuda dash frame.jpg

I can get you measurements off of a Dart GT bezel.

Let me know

Be aware that the knob holes are not on the exact centerline of the rectangular main face opening. They are ever so slightly lower.
A tracing would probably serve you better, just make sure when you reconstruct it, it aligns with your dash trim.
Sorry I don't have a bare dash at this time to contribute a tracing to your project.

Be aware that the knob holes are not on the exact centerline of the rectangular main face opening. They are ever so slightly lower.
A tracing would probably serve you better, just make sure when you reconstruct it, it aligns with your dash trim.
Sorry I don't have a bare dash at this time to contribute a tracing to your project.
Good to know- thanks for pointing that out! If anyone could provide a tracing, that would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know
Thanks for the offer (and I may take you up on it). I think they're probably the same but maybe someone has one from a '67 Barracuda to make sure.

Steve

Let me know

If you could take some measurements or a trace from the Dart, that would be greatly appreciated. I visited a shop yesterday that had a '67 in house but its dash was butchered just like mine.
Thanks!
Steve

Will do. Keep in mind this is from the bezel not the dash.

I can also get measurements off of a radio too

So here is what I have for the posts...

From the radio the post dia is 0.495"
The inside to inside of the posts is 5.295"

That makes the CL to CL 5.790"

From the bezel the post hole dia is 0.515"
The inside to inside of the post holes is 5.285"

That makes the CL to CL 5.800"

Hope this helps (it will be a while till I strip the dash)

From the radio...

Green (1) 1.889"

Red (2) 1.445"

Post OD 0.495"

PXL_20231129_202621881~2.jpg

Thanks very much- I really appreciate it! Sorry, but what does "CL" mean?
Steve

Sorry about that.

Where I used to work about every other word was an acronym, I was lost for the first 3 months.

CL centerline

Screenshot_20231129-202129.png

It does- thanks! I also ordered the brushed aluminum overlays from Detroit Muscle, which I think will also help with the layout.
Steve

Thanks for all the feedback. Just in case it might be helpful to someone else, I took some measurements of the overlay from Detroit Muscle and I’m posting a picture here.
Steve

image.jpg

-
Back