mech temp gauge sensor location?

-

flathead31coupe

Reaction score
is there a prime location for a mech, temp gauge sensor...iam not running heater hoses, and the intake has no ports... will any port on the water pump housing work...

"Somewhere" close to the thermostat.

I ran out of ports in my intake and used a thermostat housing spacer that had 2) 3/8 ports in it.

The crossover portion of the intake prior to the T-stat is where it needs to be. Since you are not running heater hoses one of those ports on the intake would be fine.

is there a prime location for a mech, temp gauge sensor...iam not running heater hoses, and the intake has no ports... will any port on the water pump housing work...

Once again, I'm compelled to ask, "just what it is" that we are workin on here...........

crownleft.jpg

If worst comes to worst, there are some aftermarket folks, or you can make them yourself, make thermostat housing extension...........

s-l225.jpg

sry its a 440

Figure out which heater fitting on the pump housing is coming out and put it there. That should be interconnected to the original electric sender mount..........Or get a smaller adapter for the mech gauge and do like this guy.

P6160010-1.jpg

THANKS!!! stupid new software!!! See the img tag? You cannot edit it out!!
P6160010-1.jpg.html

-
Back