Mega Mopar Action series. Gateway Int. St. Louis May 17-19

-
Bump.Fishy, would love to be there,man....

Too bad your so far away bomber. Would love to meet ya and chat in person

I will be there, are any of you interested in getting together Saturday night?

Hey husk, haven't seen you on the board in a while. I'd love to do something afterwards but my guess is by the end of the day due to all the walking and standing around thanks to my back problems and diabetes (for some odd reason being in the bright sun for too long sets it off) I'll be shot for the evening. Do you have a spot lined up somewhere? Racing anything, swap meet? Missed meeting you last year and I think afterwards we talked about how I probably walked right by you.

I have a building less than 5 minutes from the track, If anyone wants to stop by for a few hours after the track closes about 6pm.

I bet you guys are there having a good time today. I am ready for tomorrow to be here so i can get there and watch some racing and see some beautiful cars.:blob:

This is the first time for the Mega Mopar event sponsored by Mopar Action magazine

They held it here last year, in petersburg VA. Was a really good event. Tons of show cars and drag racing ... Will be going again this fall !

I bet you guys are there having a good time today. I am ready for tomorrow to be here so i can get there and watch some racing and see some beautiful cars.:blob:
Today actually sucked big time. About 10 guys set up in the swap meet area, maybe half a dozen vendors at most, and a couple dozen show cars parked in grass as tall as the bumpers. I can't believe a racetrack would sponsor a major even and not even cut the grass! Looks like it's been 2-3 weeks since it was cut. And right off the bat when I got there I noticed they weren't racing. Thought maybe they were just taking a break but after I paid and got in I found out a contractor cut the power to the place so everything was on a halt until they bought in a huge generator. Got it set up and it started raining. Finally got to watch 1 round of racing before I had to leave at 5pm.

There was some excitement though when I was sitting at the picnic table eating lunch. Not sure what happened but the power cable (underground cable) the contractor cut through (right next to the concession stands) started arcing and sending huge fireballs out of the ground about 15 feet in the air. The best way I can describe the sight and sound is what a 20,000 amp welder would look and sound like, LOL... I was sure hoping there wasn't a gas line hear by :eek:ops:

The highlight of my day was stopping by 41 Husk' Mopar pad and meeting and chatting with him. Nice meeting you Alan

Damn,sorry to hear about the situation, Fishy. Usually these three day race events,don't kick until Saturday.

Damn,sorry to hear about the situation, Fishy. Usually these three day race events,don't kick until Saturday.

I know Saturday and Sunday are the big days but in the past there have been a lot more here on Friday. Usually the swap meet, vendors and car show is 1/2 full. The only thing they had today was racers and with the electrical problem and rain the day was pretty much a wash. This is a different event organization so maybe they do things different than what I was used to with Monster Mopar

I understand.Figured, you would be in snooze mode. Forgot,what drag racing does,to those inspired. Enjoy.

Here's a few pics of cars in the show. There weren't nearly as many show cars as Monster Mopar drew last year but there were a lot of nice cars nevertheless. The guy standing in front of the Black 69 Dayton is one of our own, 41Husk. He also has a super nice SRT8 Challenger that you can see a little of behind his Daytona. The Red Dart sure was a slick A-body. Detailed to the 9's

Attachments

• DSC00246.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC00247.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC00248.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC00250.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC00255.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC00254.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC00253.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC00251.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 264
Thought we'd get lucky and see an old school funny car run (last picture) but unfortunately he snapped the blower belt doing the burn out. You can see it laying next to the lane divider about 30 feet behind him.

Attachments

• DSC00256.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC00257.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC00258.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC00261.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC00262.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC00263.JPG