Megasquirt MS3 EFI - 360LA

-
Here is a list of parts, prices and where purchased for fuel injection conversion for my hemi engine. If anyone is still interested.

computer: Megasquirt III V3.57 $550.00
there are less expensive computers ava.

wiring harness 12' $85.00
2 gm closed element clt/iat sensors $16.00 ea.
Innovate LC-1 wideband controller
w/o2 sensor $200.00
The above were purchased at (diyautotune)

Throttle body: fast throttle body $614.00
(diyautotune) has the same one for $529.00
and there is cheaper throttle bodies out there but the radius
on the inlet side looked to be a smoother transition than the
cheaper ones.

Regulator: Aeromotive #13101 for EFI $160.00
Fuel filter: summit racing #230118 (i already had this) $70.00
These were purchased at (summitracing)

Fuel injectors: 48lb/hr injectors & pigtails $500.00
Fuel pump: bosch 044 external pump $189.00
These were purchased at (fuelinjectorconnection)
you could also try (southbayfuelinjectors)

I bought 3' of fuel rail blank for $11.00 per ft. Nobody made fuel rails for a hemi. there was also $200.00 or so in AN fittings and hose.
I also had to fabricate my own brackets for mounting regulator,pump and filter and throttle cable. I also have friend who machined my intake and fuel rails.
I hope that this is helpfull to anybody that is interested in going to EFI.

Thanks for all the great info. Some time ago I found an LC1 kit on sale, complete with controller, sensor, inexpesive digi readout for 138 bucks.

Hey again...... I always forget to log in here as my stuff is off-road :( Sorry!

I ran an LC-1..... and it didn't last long at all. In fact, I gave it away to some kid who thought he could get it to work again. I instead would opt for the ngk powerdex or equivalent. The nice thing about this is it will display the Air:fuel without the need of an additional gauge. The only downside to this, is the mounting.... its not a gauge so no gauge pod can be used. I know AEM and others offer a similar setup with a round gauge.

Tunerstudio released an update a little while back that allows auto tune of the warmup settings. You have no idea how big of a deal this is!!! ha ha. It predicts the values you need to allow your junk to run at any temp. Usually you would have to just do many trial and errors since you'd have to let the engine go back to cold temp. Get it set up nicely in one start up now and then can fine tune it from there.

I think the best feature for this system is the ability to hook up your Android or Iphone via bluetooth. I do not have any experience with the Iphone system as I use an Android....but with that you can data log, display your important fields such as pulse width, O2, coolant temp, bat voltage, RPM, enable GPS and shows our speed, and you can customize what to display. You can save maps so if your just driving around you can have for fuel economy, if you are racing you can load another map on the spot for power. There is the ability to also tune from the phone so a laptop would not be required (however the laptop is the best way to tune). This ability has gotten me out of trouble a few times.

I built and used an MS on my Suzuki Katana drag bike back in 2006.. Never a problem with it . Bike is gone but I still have the ECU for another project one day.

-
Back