Memorial Day 2023. For all military members, past and present.

-

hemi71x

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is from the comic strip "Crankshaft" published a few years ago.
I also kept it in my computers, pictures files.
I think it says it all, for Memorial day.

And also would like to say hi, to past Air Force personal that would remember "Sunny Zwei"

Crankshaft (Copy) 2.jpg

Memorial Day was a solemn day growing up in the fifties, sixties and seventies. Business's were closed, ceremonies took place all throughout the country.
The Memorial Day parade here was a big event with large crowds turning out
Some years back I started my own tradition. I call my beloved cousins husband a few days before Memorial Day, we both know why im calling but we just mostly talk about family stuff
He will be spending time with the local VN vets chapter tomorrow, he's close with them
His father a Captain and chopper pilot was KIA in Cambodia a few days before Memorial Day in 1970, leaving behind a young wife and infant son

I participated in a Memorial Day service in a cemetery today, and will be doing two tomorrow.

That's a good one. I think I've seen you post it before. Quite appropriately I might add.

Attended the Shelby Twp. Memorial Day ceremony. Our family lived in Shelby, and my father passed last year. It was a really nice deal and fairly elaborate, with a large attendance.... and I saw my dad's paver that I had installed there a couple weeks ago. None of us live there, anymore....but he'll be remembered in the place we were raised.

Beforehand, my wife and I stopped at my Brother's place to let him know we were going. He met us up there. We both had one of our classics out for the ride.

Harold Ricketts Shelby war memorial.jpg

Harold Ricketts paver Shelby 2023.jpg

Ricketts Bros world class 2.jpg

Ricketts Bros world class 5-28-23.jpg

Here is a picture of me and other members of our hometown Legion post. There are just enough of us to keep the doors open, and the Memorial Day ceremonies will continue. My oldest daughter sings the National Anthem, and our preacher says kind and thoughtful words, and then names of the veterans that are deceased. Then followed by a three-round volley of gun salutes. We draw a steady crowd of thirty or so, everyone knows everyone, this being an American I am pretty sure.

Screenshot (121).png

Here is a picture of me and other members of our hometown Legion post. There are just enough of us to keep the doors open, and the Memorial Day ceremonies will continue. My oldest daughter sings the National Anthem, and our preacher says kind and thoughtful words, and then names of the veterans that are deceased. Then followed by a three-round volley of gun salutes. We draw a steady crowd of thirty or so, everyone knows everyone, this being an American I am pretty sure.

View attachment 1716095773
Awesome. America!!

On this Memorial Day lets remember and gives thanks to those who made the ULTIMATE sacrifice so we can do what we do..GOD bless them :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

This is from the comic strip "Crankshaft" published a few years ago.
I also kept it in my computers, pictures files.
I think it says it all, for Memorial day.

And also would like to say hi, to past Air Force personal that would remember "Sunny Zwei"

View attachment 1716095279
I remember when that was published, it was very touching then, and still is today. My grandfather served in WW2, he was away from home for 3 plus years.
Thank you to all who have served and all who continue to serve. We owe you a great debt.

-
Back