Mesa, arizona.

-
i actually live in sant tan valley near queens creek off of richardson. my mother lives in apache junction. i saw a guy with a tan 72 4dr valiant sitting on the side of the road in a lawn chair the other day. im in the process of getting a job restoring cars but as of now i have a perfectly free schedule. gimme a ring and ill come hangout out. heck ill even bring the beer if you want. it would be great to meet some fellow mopar/car guys.

Hey, its a dry heat! You want Hot? How about a humid sticky hot, now that just draws the energy right from you.....we used to camp in Death Valley, CA. Hotter than hell but great to ride motorcycles in (Before it was almost illegal now). Just find some shade and a cool one. I spent 18 months in Philippines, most of the time in full fatigues and sometimes with a pack, holy Jesus that place is humid! Either steaming jungles or hot hills. You 'Nam vets know the same conditions, but I didnt have anyone looking to off me....I think you'll like it. It'll take about 3 months to aclimatize (sp). Snow sucks....

Hope you have a better first summer there then I did, 100 + days in a row of 100* or hotter. 143 days without rain one year. Worked in the afternoon, can remember standing in the TV room waiting to go home at mid-night and the temperature still being over 100*. Winter time skies of yellow & brown.... Hope you like people....don't miss Mesa one bit.
That is my dream to live in a place with weather like that! i get 4 maybe 5 months of sun tops the rest is rain and dark clouds....it's brutal..especially for anyone that's into hottrodding.

Well I made it here. Drove te whole way in my 88 bronco2 with my 5piece snap on box in the back. I like it so far. I'm in queens creek.
WELCOME STEVE! We are most likely within ten minutes of each other. Queen Creek was getting so big they sub-divided it about three years ago. one half Queen Creek,one half SanTan Valley. I live at Gary Rd.,and Hunt Highway. You can pm me and I will give you my phone number and email address. again WELCOME !!!:glasses7:

Welcome to AZ. I live in Sierra Vista about 3 hours SE of Mesa and about 20 degrees cooler in the summer. When people come up to me and talk spanish I tell them I get paid dollars and not Peso's so speak english. I've had my barracuda for ten years now and still don't have a/c in it.

That is my dream to live in a place with weather like that! i get 4 maybe 5 months of sun tops the rest is rain and dark clouds....it's brutal..especially for anyone that's into hottrodding.

I live fairly close to you, not a fan of all the rain and gloomy weather we get either but temps over 90 kill me so it would be one extreme to the other. A steady 70 - 80 would be perfect but there's no such place.

I live 90 miles north of Phoenix by Prescott AZ.
It's generally 20 degress cooler here than Phoenix and about 2,000 higher elevation.
26 this morning and supposed to be 51 for the high today.

Welcome to Az! I'm up near Anthem, not far from "805moparkid" .The heat is an "acquired taste", although I've never gotten used to it. Start lining up "car buddies" as you'll find it's not quite the same as where you're from. There's quite a few Mopar enthusiasts around here, although you'll find many (most?) are more into the mildly modified Mopars as opposed to some real hard-core cars (just my opinion). Can't speak for the East Valley, but most of the cops around here (even SHeriff Joe's deputies) are pretty cool. You'll like it here.....

anybody there? in 4hrs im moving from bedford indiana to mesa arizona. i only know my sister and mother out there. if any of you fellow mopar guys are in the area message me. i will have zero friends when i get there. i wont have my duster with me yet, ill be getting it later in the summer. thanks
Wecome,you will love it here.Every Sat. in Scottsdale,at 101 $ Indian Bend RD.There is a car show at Mickey D,S.Mopar day is the 3rd Sat. of the Month. DAN

welcome and lets get together...all of us. I plan to stop @ Earnhardt thursday morning to see all my friends off for the MATS cruise. 8am to 10am. maybe we could set up a saturday night at the pavilians? I'm interested to see the Duster.

I live just down the road from "805moparkid". Don't know about the car scene in the East Valley, but I'll tell ya one thing----- it's nowhere near as busy as back East or the Midwest. I think that's because the weather is so good here (even in Summer) guys just don't have a sense of urgency to finish & use their cars. Plus there's alot to do here besides car stuff anyway.
anyhow................ WELCOME!

Lots of members in the area. AZMOPAR is a good one to get in touch with.

I should add that the wife and I are actively looking for property in, Mesa, Gilbert, SanTan etc. looking for a house with room for a small shop.

No rain in 145 days? How about no rain in 3 years! So. Cal, baby!

How about a 2500sq ft house w/about 1600sq ft of garage, & a lift all on an acre & 1/8 in Mesa? Loads of room for a huge shop!!

-
Back