Met the previous owner of my car yesterday

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
I had heard that the guy that sold the car to the place i bought it from worked at Boeing and traded his car in because he had a different car he had been more interested in.

I had met the 3rd owner at a show, he had been the one that painted it and put the hood on. I think i am the 5th owner.

I drove it to work the last weekend and i guess he saw it sitting in the lot. I was sitting in the 68 yesterday and he came up to me and asked if i was the owner of the Sublime coronet.

Turns out he had been in a divorce and all he wanted was the car. Before his wife let him have it she trashed it. Let it sit out side with the windows down, let dogs live in it and walk all over it,

He finally got it, cleaned it up and fixed it, and then couldnt afford to keep it. I told him he could come visit it if he wanted, but he said that that probably wouldnt be a good idea cause it would probably make him sad. Poor guy

Sad story, would be cool to let him drive it though, nice of you to offer him to visit. Hope he does sometime, you tell him he will be the first guy you call when its selling time. Got a picture of the car?

I stay in regular touch with the kid I bought my Dart from.
He lives about 150 miles from me in Gilbert AZ (Yea thats a town) and I send him updates and pictures of the changes as the car comes along.
I also gave him my word that if I sold it, he would have first shot at it.

He was sad to let it go, but he is young and had another kid on the way. (Three total)

Poor bastard, felt sorry for him.

Sad story, would be cool to let him drive it though, nice of you to offer him to visit. Hope he does sometime, you tell him he will be the first guy you call when its selling time. Got a picture of the car?

a recent pic

177922_418544764865144_113710344_o2.jpg

It's fun to meet previous owners. I bought a '66 Coronet 500 in the Seattle area many years ago and was sitting at a drive-in when a guy walked up and said that except for the color, it was exactly the same as the one his dad bought new. Said his dad had loved the car and always regretted trading it in.

When he learned that I had changed the color, he asked if I had noticed a dent in a strange place when I did the body work. The car did have a dent on the top of a front fender, which he said he did when he slid under a road barrier on a slick road.

He took pictures for his dad, and later told me his dad was thrilled to see that someone had restored it and not destroyed it.

It's fun to meet previous owners. I bought a '66 Coronet 500 in the Seattle area many years ago and was sitting at a drive-in when a guy walked up and said that except for the color, it was exactly the same as the one his dad bought new. Said his dad had loved the car and always regretted trading it in.

When he learned that I had changed the color, he asked if I had noticed a dent in a strange place when I did the body work. The car did have a dent on the top of a front fender, which he said he did when he slid under a road barrier on a slick road.

He took pictures for his dad, and later told me his dad was thrilled to see that someone had restored it and not destroyed it.

Same kinda thing here, but i was the other guy. Long story short...

Parents bought a 64 Dodge Custom 880 new, time to get rid of it for some reason, took it to the junk yard!!!!!?????

Junk yard guy says he will buy it for $100, guy behind us says he will take for $100.

Fast forward 5 yrs. I am working at a gas station, guy with car stops in, car looks brand new, totally restored, took me for a ride, SWEET, took it to my parents my dad wouldnt buy it back.

I am now in Mopars Unlimited with the guy, sadly he sold the car a few months before i joined.

I know the guy who built my duster to what it was when I bought it (put in the buckets, built the 340/727, 8 3/4 to replace the 318-based drivetrain, painted it, etc.). In fact, his wife tinted the windows in my Stealth.

I even remember, while still in high school, stopping with some friends to watch while the hood pins were being put in it. And someone looking at the trunk of the car and saying "Oh look!!!! There's a dust on it!!!"
yes, a dust...he used to keep it fairly clean lol.

-
Back