Mexican duster

-

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
A buddy of mine has found a 71 duster in Mexico.
Is this type of car worth anything here?
How many were made in Mexico?

I will work on getting some pictures.

Depends on condition and options, like anything else.

Here are some pics.
Still waiting on fender tag and vin tag.

If it still has them.
Did Mexico remove tags and install their own kind of tags?

Attachments

• mexican duster1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 247
  • Mexican duster2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 245
  • Mexican duster3.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 261
  • Mexican duster4.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 239
those tail lights are out of a mercury comet

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 245
the doors are also the earlier 70-72 doors with the metal upper frame....so far I would say this looks thrown together but you never know.

considering the 73 and newer DART front clip and dash...the year isn't correct. I believe the mexican valiant dusters/darts used this front end after 73 though. Tail panel looks like it started as a dart sport-ish tail. I think these still got the duster panel...but hard to tell with those lights.

Trunk lid with no ridge - 70 Duster or 71-72 Demon here in the states. Bumpers look like pre shock 73's, again here in the states. I have learned from past FABO postings about Australian, Colombian, and Mexican cars, that outside of US Chrysler did lots of mixing and matching of year/car model parts which resulted in what are actually legit original models elsewhere. Also badging such as Charger in Australia and Superbee in Mexico are Duster/Demons. So who know about this one, with exception of the taillights that definitely look like Comet as Rani stated.

I'd leave the conglomeration of parts laying right where it is! A cross between a Valiant and a Comet is a Vomit! :violent1: More trouble than it's worth.

The owner put the tail lights on the car cause he like them. typical mexico.
Otherwise, it's supposed to be mostly original 71 duster.
I'm trying to get some tag info.

The mexican super bee is quite the conglomeration of parts. Cool in it's own way.

Attachments

• Mexican superbee i.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 140
The owner put the tail lights on the car cause he like them. typical mexico.
Otherwise, it's supposed to be mostly original 71 duster.
I'm trying to get some tag info.

The mexican super bee is quite the conglomeration of parts. Cool in it's own way.

"A mostly original 71"?...with the fenders, hood, grille, nose, and dash off of a 73+? lol
I guess in the same way my engine is Mostly a 1970...minus the carb, intake, rotating assembly,valvetrain, and oil pan. lol

I Think you better find a "71" stamped somewhere in that vin or tag before you keep believing this is a 1971.

-
Back