milodon oil pump problems in a 440 duster

-

1hry440duster

Reaction score
here are some pics i have of the driver side motor mount. Im having a big problem trying to get the motor in. If somebody has any idea on what to do please let me know

mount problems 002a.jpg

mount problems 003a.jpg

Those look like std E/B/C body mount plates.... If that's the case, you need the adaptor plates or factory A body BB mount plates...

Elephant ears would do the trick. Cut out the obstructions

I agree with Moper, you are trying to use motor mount brackets from a B-body big block or something. You do not have the correct ones. You need some conversion mounts from Schumachers (follow the instructions) or haul that engine out of there and modify the existing K-member yourself.
Daryl

ok the motor came out of a 73 dart sport. now the bracket on the block came with the motor the other boxed peace was on my 340 that was in the car. I looked at schumacher mounts and they dont look much different then what im tring to do with mine but maybe im wrong.

yes, you're wrong.(no offense meant..) They look similar, but Schumacher places the ears of the block up and back from where you have them now. that's you problem. Also, the boxed mount looks interesting, but it will add
3/8" to the height of the air cleaner. On an RB A body, that might be an issue. I'd just use a chain/turnbuckle torque strap.

-
Back